System Crash 2021/08/20 or, Oops, we did it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until something darker comes along..

If your tuchis produces anything in that color, I'd be seeing a proctologist sooner than later.

If you get the original server back up, do you think it's likely you'll be retaining posts made on this one?

Is this like Scubaboard2?
No not yet. But...
upgrades.gif

If you get the original server back up, do you think it's likely you'll be retaining posts made on this one?
Yes.

I'm off for a surface interval.

Good work getting the site back up. Now after the simple things like:
1 getting search working
2 getting back on the original url so that everyone's shortcuts work
3 dark mode
How about giving us a dislike button so that we can keep score in the pub threads?

I noticed that the forum now has web.scubaboard.com instead of www.scubaboard.com. As such links are coming up as not found, this includes emails from the site from watched discussions. Simple fix is to change the www. to web. in the address bar and that gets me there, but others may not be aware and get the resulting 404 Not Found error. Search engines of course are all indexed to the www. too.

I noticed that the forum now has web.scubaboard.com instead of www.scubaboard.com. As such links are coming up as not found, this includes emails from the site from watched discussions. Simple fix is to change the www. to web. in the address bar and that gets me there, but others may not be aware and get the resulting 404 Not Found error. Search engines of course are all indexed to the www. too.
The simple fix is to have the server do a redirect until they get www.scubaboard... fixed up.

Without calling out anyone particular, a lot of people taking advantage of this site but not supporting. I’m sure we would have fewer server issues if we had a little more funding.
If you were to add a paywall, then it would become a less interesting place because there would be a lot less traffic IMHO

Without calling out anyone particular, a lot of people taking advantage of this site but not supporting. I’m sure we would have fewer server issues if we had a little more funding.

That is why they have ads here for any one who is not a supporter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom