Resort Class policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, please tell me (or, really, don't) how I am somehow responsible for this supposed violation of standards.
FWIW, I don't recall anyone saying that you were responsible for any standards violation.

I’m guessing it’s Rainbow Reef. Just a guess as I don’t dive warm water.

There's a lot of bad information going on in this thread--really bad.

When the standards say you cannot do more than 3 dives a day, that is 3 open water dives a day. The pool dives are not included in that limit.

What you see in the advertised 2 day course does not include any of the required academics. All of that happens AFTER the student has finished the academic portion of the course. It's not like the student signs up and is certified 2 days later.

@diverlady - for someone who doesn’t care what other people
Think - and someone who has thick skin, you sure have taken this very personally and have gotten very defensive - which was never the intent.

No one said you were responsible for standards violations, no one called you incompetent, no one is looking down on you because you are a new diver (in fact I said we all
started at zero), and no one was attacking you.

I stand corrected with the pool
Dives not counting as part of the three dives a day. That may no longer be a standards violation, but I do stand by my opinion that completing an OWD course in 2 days is not good practice and opens the door for a lot of cut corners.

I am glad you felt comfortable
With your instructor - I am
Glad that you have continued diving and are active in the sport, because that’s how you continue learning. I wish you many years of safe and happy diving.

DL, there's no reason to delete. You liked your Inst even tho she broke club rules. No biggie. You seem to be a developing diver with a good attitude who can help others here.

Sorry - I edited my post. I clicked reply to you accidentally rather than ggunn who seemed to think I thought I was an advanced diver just because I took the AOW course.
Right after I posted what you were responding to I tried to go back and edit it so that it sounded less judgmental, but the ScubaBoard server picked that moment to go down and I wasn't able to get back to it until the next day. I am truly sorry if I set you off; I didn't mean to. I have encountered divers who claim to be advanced divers simply because of what it says on the card they carry although they are very new to diving. They don't know what they don't know so it's not their fault.

Hello @Diverlady13. I am writing to encourage you to keep your account open. There is a tremendous depth of experience and wisdom that you can tap into here. You have much to contribute; for example, your input on documentation required at Cancun airport was very helpful and encouraging to me--thank you for that. I think social media posts often don't allow for nuance and subtlety; and sometimes we do not frame our responses thoughtfully. Despite that, there is much wisdom and good advice here.

I have much respect for your desire to learn and improve.

We had two doctors in my small town and I always tried to see the one with the friendlier personality. Later I learned what a quack he was. They still named the hospital after him since no one ever sued him. It’d been unpopular to sue a small town doctor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom