Hi from San Francisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Discovered the beauty of Monterey diving earlier this year. I'm up to 21 dives, all around here, except for a few at Catalina.

My favorite thing to do is to float on my back near the bottom, staring up at the kelp above.

Heading to Italy very soon, so I'll be posting some questions in the Western Europe forum.

Cheers!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I have never dived in kelp. I'm going to have to try it now. Can't wait to hear about Italy!

Very glad to hear you got to enjoy the California diving before you go! Welcome.

Richard.

Discovered the beauty of Monterey diving earlier this year. I'm up to 21 dives, all around here, except for a few at Catalina.

My favorite thing to do is to float on my back near the bottom, staring up at the kelp above.

Heading to Italy very soon, so I'll be posting some questions in the Western Europe forum.

Cheers!
Yep, with great visibility you're in a cathedral, looking up. Hope you enjoy it here. Also, if you have the interest, you might sign up for an urchin cull as part of the effort to restore the 95% of the kelp that has disappeared.
Urchin cull approved for Monterey reef

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I have never dived in kelp. I'm going to have to try it now. Can't wait to hear about Italy!

Thank you! You really should try to. It is eerie and dark and sometimes harbor seals dart around at the edge of one's vision, like spirits in a forest.

Very glad to hear you got to enjoy the California diving before you go! Welcome.

Richard.

Thank you! I've been asking everyone I meet if they scuba. Sometimes they say yes, but then it turns out that they only fly to warm water destinations, which I can't understand given what is available right here.

Yep, with great visibility you're in a cathedral, looking up. Hope you enjoy it here. Also, if you have the interest, you might sign up for an urchin cull as part of the effort to restore the 95% of the kelp that has disappeared.
Urchin cull approved for Monterey reef

Yes, that is on the roadmap. I'd have taken the course this Saturday at Bamboo if I didn't have this trip.

…It is eerie and dark and sometimes harbor seals dart around at the edge of one's vision, like spirits in a forest…

…I've been asking everyone I meet if they scuba. Sometimes they say yes, but then it turns out that they only fly to warm water destinations, which I can't understand given what is available right here.
I wonder the same thing my friend, but people are very frail and can’t get past the mental obstacle of being uncomfortable. Just like with so many things in life now, nobody wants to work for it.
Pity really because the kelp forest is a truly enchanted place.
Welcome to Scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom