Battery Life for Suunto Tank Pod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil H.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought a D5 and Tank Pod three years ago and have since put 131 dives on the setup. Dive times range from 29 to 75 minutes and an average of 51 minutes.

Tank Pod manual states: "Battery level information is displayed only if the battery is low. The indication shown when pairing the Suunto Tank POD is an approximation only." Manual also states a battery change is needed after two years or 200 dives, whichever comes first.

I'm probably approaching EOL for the battery but was curious how others faired with battery life in their Tank Pods. After initial Tank Pod pairing to the D5, I've never needed to go back into the pairing screen and have yet to get a low battery notice on the D5.

Best app ever - subsurface for PC.

It shows your tank pod battery remaining and your computer battery remaining on the "extra info" tab for each dive. I have 47 dives since I replaced my pod battery last and currently at 77% battery remaining. So far, on the battery I have 43 hours of dive time and average length of 56 minutes per dive.

I got no notice when my last pod battery died with eon steel other than no connection to the pod.

From this, I think you can do the math about how long your battery should last if you don’t want to check the app. Could vary a little depending on battery quality.

Send me a dm sometime, maybe we could meet up for a dive.

Send it in and get it serviced under the recall

Is this just a random public service announcement, or did you see something in this thread that makes you think we’ve not already done this if appropriate? Please elaborate since this recall has been out officially since 2017.

Relax, just putting it out there as he bought one several years ago and has not changed the battery. He could of picked it up used from somebody else for all we know. If he has already sent it in or has a new model, just ignore the information.

Is this just a random public service announcement, or did you see something in this thread that makes you think we’ve not already done this if appropriate? Please elaborate since this recall has been out officially since 2017.

A lot of people do not know of the recall. I was one of them. I wanted to test a transmitter (no computer) so went into my local shop. The owner said, this one is under recall. So she sent it in. Transmitter was updated, new battery, tested, one year warranty. Which was great cause it now belongs to another SB member.

I'm probably approaching EOL for the battery but was curious how others faired with battery life in their Tank Pods.
So as you're aware, the battery life expectancy is just a best guess by Suunto and subject to factors.such as length of time transmitter kept under pressure, and temperature.

I see about a year or 100ish dives/hrs from my collection or pods.

However in mitigation I live in the Middle East and for at least 6 months, the daily temps are above the recommended battery operating temp. I'm pretty happy with their life, I did have issues when I first got them back in 2014/15 but that turned out to be battery issues rather than Pod hardware or software

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom