Attached Boot vs Neoprene Sock w/Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked this question recently: Neoprene boot vs Neoprene sock

I much more prefer a neoprene sock. I can get all kinds of boots to fit the sock. The suit by itself is also easier to handle with "lighter" feet.

But, some people enjoy the current trend of semi-hard booties that are now all the rage. But, I resist with my own reasons.

One thing I remember on my Rescue Diver course, which I took in my old neoprene drysuit with integral boots...

Jumping in to do the rescue and my foot came out of the integral boot, leaving the fin still attached. Was completely 'disabled' by this as now only had one working fin. Had to return to the boat (RIB) shout for assistance and get someone to put my boot back on -- me inverted underwater as they pulled the fin off, pushed the boot back on, put the fin back on, then I could go and finish the rescue.

Never happened with socks and rock boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom