DiveRite XT Advanced OW package vs Apeks XTX200 - DIY which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see that Apeks sells a 5th port that may help with the wonky XTX 200 configuration. 52 bucks from DRISS.

5-port-upgrade-kits.jpg

Good information everyone!

5th port - been seeing that mentioned another during research. Don't think I'll need it for OW single tank? What are people using it for?

There is also MTX-rc which I find superior vs xtx/fsr. Turret routing is better. Haven't yet serviced them.

Definitely get a 5th port if you plan on using a long hose or sidemount or stages/deco bottles

gotcha. so sounds like I wont worry about the 5th port right now.

Ok, for the octo, it seems like many people are mixing brands with no issues. What would be a small sized reg that is suitable for octo?

gotcha. so sounds like I wont worry about the 5th port right now.

Ok, for the octo, it seems like many people are mixing brands with no issues. What would be a small sized reg that is suitable for octo?

it's a pain when it comes to servicing, don't bother with trying to mismatch, I promise it isn't worth it, just get matching to your primary. With the "kits" that everyone is selling it's not going to save you any money anyway

a cheaper apeks 2nd like the atx40 works fine

secondary should be the one with the adjustment knob since it is the one most likely to need to be adjusted, down when not in use to minimize freeflow and up when in the mouth. If I had a 40 and a 50, the primary would be the 40 tuned quite hot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom