Looking for dive partners Lauderdale By The Sea, Aug 15-21, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenderson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm coming down to Florida for a week or so and looking to do some diving. I don't know my exact dates just yet, but it will be between the 15-21 August 2021. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay in Lauderdale By The Sea. I'm looking to do a lot of shore diving while I'm there.

If there's anyone that's interested in going with me for a dive or two let me know. I'm up for any diving in the area an hour or so away.

I've already gotten in touch with Landon about my coming down, but if there's anyone else let me know what dates/places would be good.

Let us know when you're around .. We have a few things going on that week but hopefully we can make it out.
There are lots of good shore dive sites around. Here are a a few pics from my wife's blog to get you excited about your trip :)
South Florida Diving Archives | Freedom Tour Travel

Check also https://magicseaweed.com/Commercial-Pier-Surf-Guide/4420/ for ocean conditions: commercial pier = Lauderdale by the sea.
We're lucky to live close by .. so will generally just go our when conditions are flat/ideal.
At times there can be substantial currents and chop making it unpleasant to enter/swim out (and even dangerous). Those times, it also churns up making visibility bad for the shallow sites.
By law you'll have to pull a flag so make sure to rent/buy/bring ... one per group is usually ok.

A couple of local shops do meetups and guided dives too, you can also check with them *typically free / discretionary tip for DM.

Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) | Meetup
and
Calendar (diverscovefl.com) <- doing Lauderdale by the sea with a guide on the 21st it seems.

Check in with Aqui water sports...they do a bunch of shore dives there ask for Ryan

Let us know when you're around .. We have a few things going on that week but hopefully we can make it out.
There are lots of good shore dive sites around. Here are a a few pics from my wife's blog to get you excited about your trip :)
South Florida Diving Archives | Freedom Tour Travel

I actually saw your post when I was looking around at Lauderdale By The Sea, I remembered the fish photo. My girlfriend has decided to come for a couple of days, we will be there from Sunday 15-Thursday 19. She will not be able to dive on Wednesday but I might be able to if you and your wife would be around.

OK Kenderson, we will be around and I've marked off Wed morning pending weather/conditions :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom