Cayman Aggressor: When does it become too much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's Spee, not Spree.
You have to pay for a history on Marine Traffic. I’m sure she was in a boatyard there where they ripped out the boat tracking device.

I’m pretty sure I know how to spell a boat name and track a boat I owned for 20 years, but thanks.

Hi Frank,

Is the boat still with Oceans for Youth?

Looking at the boat brings back fond memories of the jump off the side to begin each dive :)

upload_2021-8-8_8-41-44.png

Hi Frank,

Is the boat still with Oceans for Youth?

Looking at the boat brings back fond memories of the jump off the side to begin each dive :)

View attachment 675303
I do not know. I can’t imagine OFY is getting any Cuba travel now or in the last couple of years. I asked their executive director on FB and the conversation went well up until I asked where she was. Then I got crickets.

You have to pay for a history on Marine Traffic. I’m sure she was in a boatyard there where they ripped out the boat tracking device.

I’m pretty sure I know how to spell a boat name and track a boat I owned for 20 years, but thanks.
Sorry. I misunderstood. I hadn't read the whole thread. With I saw your remarks about Montevideo and Asuncion and sinking, I thought you were making a joke about the Graf Spee.

I assume you meant the C.A. V; speaking of the issue, 2 questions:

1.) What did Aggressor Fleet do with the old Cayman Aggressor IV?
2.) Gotta wonder what they'll do with the Cayman Aggressor V. If, for example, it becomes the 'Roatan boat,' what will be done with the current Roatan Aggressor?

Richard.
Cayman V was built in Cuba
Cayman IV is over in Cuba for upgrading to then go to Bahamas that was the last i knew they were looking at a possible new hull and rebuild to replace Turks & Caicos Aggressor and bahamas either is sold or goes into wrapes as a tester boat for another Caribean island destination but after Covid who Knows
im guessing there Oz destination maybe on hold now too!!!

I assume you meant the C.A. V; speaking of the issue, 2 questions:

1.) What did Aggressor Fleet do with the old Cayman Aggressor IV?
2.) Gotta wonder what they'll do with the Cayman Aggressor V. If, for example, it becomes the 'Roatan boat,' what will be done with the current Roatan Aggressor?

Richard.

Roatan Aggressor is not a corporate boat, so it's unlikely that the CA5 would take its place if it can't operate in Cayman. Brown is a pretty savvy businessman; seems awfully unlikely that he would give up on Cayman, especially considering Aggressor's history there. I don't know her draft offhand, but I'd guess that a big lady like the CA5 would have a deep enough draft to make it difficult to get into many of the other Caribbean destinations (at least using the marinas/routes currently in use).

To clear up the ambiguity, these are the corporate boats:
Cayman
Belize (III & IV)
Bahamas
Turks & Caicos

I looked a few days ago. I think Aggressor website shows CA V as down for awhile now, but shows charters starting again in March. Marine Traffic appears to show it's latest position as Roatan, that was 8/30.

I believe the Roatan Aggressor was owned by someone in Utila when it was the Caribbean Pearl.

I received word from on island that the CAIV will be leaving in October for a yard in Roatan and will not be welcomed back to the Cayman Islands. Something about $2million dollars in arrears in customs fees, which is why, during their pandemic trips, they did not leave for Cayman Brac or Little Cayman because they would transit outside of CI waters and wouldn’t be allowed back in.

I think Aggressor website shows CA V as down for awhile now, but shows charters starting again in March. Marine Traffic appears to show it's latest position as Roatan, that was 8/30.

Who's feeling lucky enough to book?

We are booked on the CA V for Oct 2022. We were originally booked on the Nov 2021 charter which was cancelled, and they rescheduled us for Nov 2022. I emailed the Aggressor folks to get comment on what's going on, and they never responded. That was a couple of months ago. It appears as if charters don't start again until August 27,2022.

Back
Top Bottom