The Great Helium Hunt of 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pay 1.07 euros (1.28$) per cft, but I have to blend and fill myself.
Oxygen 0.105 (0.13) per cft
Argon 0.258 (0.31) per cft

I found some
I pay 1.07 euros (1.28$) per cft, but I have to blend and fill myself.
Oxygen 0.105 (0.13) per cft
Argon 0.258 (0.31) per cft
When was the last time those prices were adjusted?
I had not bought gas in about a year, last month I got some O2. Price had gone up 25%.
So many products are in a volatile pricing right now.

But $100 to fill a set of rebreather bottles, that is steep. Scaled up and it would be something like $1,000 to fill a set of doubles.

Time for math. Lets say crazy large 30 cuft bottles (easy math that way)
10/50 so 3 feet of O2 (ignoring the O2 in air so actually less) and 15 feet or He. And another 30 feet of O2
Total of 33 feet of O2 (actually less) and 15 feet of He.
At $5 for He, $45
At $1 for O2, $33
$78 for gasses, and $22 for the air to top it off?
Oh, I that is factoring oversized rebreather bottles, typically they are smaller.

I have to ask if there was a VIS or O2 cleaning involved to drive up this price?

I found some

When was the last time those prices were adjusted?
I had not bought gas in about a year, last month I got some O2. Price had gone up 25%.
So many products are in a volatile pricing right now.

But $100 to fill a set of rebreather bottles, that is steep. Scaled up and it would be something like $1,000 to fill a set of doubles.

Time for math. Lets say crazy large 30 cuft bottles (easy math that way)
10/50 so 3 feet of O2 (ignoring the O2 in air so actually less) and 15 feet or He. And another 30 feet of O2
Total of 33 feet of O2 (actually less) and 15 feet of He.
At $5 for He, $45
At $1 for O2, $33
$78 for gasses, and $22 for the air to top it off?
Oh, I that is factoring oversized rebreather bottles, typically they are smaller.

I have to ask if there was a VIS or O2 cleaning involved to drive up this price?

Price is always market price it costs to buy new 50l 300 bar helium bottle. It is nonprofit club, so no one is making any money from fills. We get cheaper helium here in finland because we buy it cheaply from Russia.

Today’s helium bill. Shop just got a booster. No Trimix labor fee this time. Fill was 20/20 to 3000 psi on a pair of LP85s.

AB301602-6F44-467F-9007-6E8E96C86E39.jpeg

I picked up a USUN with shipping and using the credit card for $1900

How do you like your booster? I assume it's a GBD40-0L since that's the price Sonny is quoting us (with extra rebuild kit's).
Can you send pictures of your set-up? We are gathering info on setting up our whips.

In Houston a K bottle (190cuft) costs me $250, so about a $1.31 a cu ft. Another suppler quoted me $220 today, it's getting a little easier to find. Retail $2.50 seems fair.

Just picked up a pair of tanks with 20/20. Shop only has enough helium left for a fill or two. There’s only two of us who want it (other is a CCR diver), and it’s too expensive to have a T bottle sitting over the winter. May have to run to the Detroit area for fills if I can’t get it in Evanston.

:(

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom