New member #Chris Ilias NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i believe people scuba dive in Greenwood Lake, half of which is in NY, the other half in NJ.
Not much in the way of lakes in Orange County, as I've explored most of it. You are probably looking at further upstate.

Hey Everyone,

my name is Chris Ilias. I born and raised in Greece and in the last 4 years, I am living in New York.
I was a freediver (spearfishing) for 3 years since 2015.
In 2018 I became a certified Commercial diver from Divers Academy International in New Jersey but the job opportunities I got required to live away from my family.
I also got my PADI open water certification.
In August 2019 I got my training for Pool Inspection and Leak Detection and since then I inspect and repair swimming pools in NY, NJ,CT area.

You probably will hate me that I am using snuba gear (Hookamax 110 Volt electric operated hookah diving system), but for the swimming pools is a great tool.

I am interested in diving on lakes using a metal detector but, to be honest, I do not know where I am allowed to dive here, and what are the requirements. Everywhere I tried to free-dive in the summertime they didn't let me.

Is anyone here from New York or even better close to the orange county that knows where we are allowed to dive or is interested to dive as well in the wintertime?

One more question, are you allowed to spearfish in New York? Obviously I can google it but if you know any site that I can read more about that would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Have safe dives!

Chris Ilias
Can spearfish newport Rhode Island or Long Island sound if you have a boat to gain access. South shore has wrecks beach and beach and 9th street Brooklyn can spear fish . Any where in NY will need fishing license fro DEC it is free.

i believe people scuba dive in Greenwood Lake, half of which is in NY, the other half in NJ.
Not much in the way of lakes in Orange County, as I've explored most of it. You are probably looking at further upstate.
Lake George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom