Echo… echo… anyone in this place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acmccown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just moved to Kansas. Need someone to dive with who knows locations. Have car will travel. I know- it’s Kansas, chances are slim but I’ll try.

Are you on FB? Plenty of groups for different areas around the country. Suggest you look for one in your area. And contact your closest dive shop, too.

There are lots of people diving all over the Midwest. If you were more specific about where you are at and how far you are willing to go for a couple dives, maybe that will help get some responses.

Moved to Kansas from where?

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

Just a short flight from diving, You might consider SE FL or the Keys if you have not already visited

I used to live in Wichita. No diving in the immediate area.

You can dive in Lake Wilson near Russell, but visibility is bad (like 3ft). However if you can get to coves where boaters hang out, you can have fun finding lost items.

Most of the time I went to Beaver Lake in Arkansas, about a 5 hour drive. There is a scuba park by the dam and dive shop/motel called C&J Sports nearby. Plus I think Eureka Springs is a fun town for non-dive activities. Other lakes downstream on the same river have decent diving too.

There are several spots in Oklahoma that have diving, but I can’t speak to them as I never went. Lake Tenkiller is one. I also wanted to “treasure” dive a river popular with floaters in Tahlequah but never got around to it.

North to Nebraska the only diving I can think of is Sandy Channel. Again, never been so I don’t know much about it.

I used to have a google map with all this information. If I find it again I will post it.

Cool. Manhattan, KS is just a stones throw from Beaver lake. Send me a DM if you want to join us one weekend. There’s probably 50 divers at the park any given day on the weekends right now.

Mid-MO/LOTO area here. New diver but looking to get my feet wet a bit more often, pun intended.

Back
Top Bottom