Blue angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janieb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve always thought The Blue Ángel resort looks like a nice, laid back place to stay. Has anyone had experience with their dive operation? In the past we’ve used Blue Xtsea which sadly is no longer in business. We will be returning in late September (Finally!) to catch up on missed dives over the last year. Input appreciated!

Only stayed with Blue Angel once, for a week, dove every day with them. This was several years ago. Everything was great... roll out of bed, grab some breakfast, walk over to the dock and hop on the boat. Nothing exceptional to report, because everything worked just as expected.

Just to clarify, they have their own dock right next to the rooms. Very convenient for getting to the boat and back to your room after diving. (Compared to diving from a boat that leaves from the caleta.) We would also walk into town each afternoon/evening for dinner. The walk was not too short but not too long either... just right.

Thanks! Yes, staying at a place with their own dock is definitely the way to go. Did they use the small boats? Were the dives pretty relaxed as far as not being rushed? Did they go to a good variety of sites? That’s the sort of things we’re looking for.

Thanks! Yes, staying at a place with their own dock is definitely the way to go. Did they use the small boats? Were the dives pretty relaxed as far as not being rushed? Did they go to a good variety of sites? That’s the sort of things we’re looking for.
Blue Angel is where I and my family and friends have always stayed every time we have been to Cozumel - at least once a year (except 2020) for the past 30 years or so. The dive op is excellent; they run two or three small boats and one larger one later in the morning. On the small boats they poll the divers and go wherever the consensus takes us; I don't know exactly how they make that decision on the larger one. The dives are not timed; you dive your gas and your computer, and their DMs are all great.

I have stayed many times at the Blue Angel. Each time was a great experience. Rooms with great view. Restaurant on site for convenient lunch between morning and afternoon dives. All staff very professional and friendly. Very convenient with on site dock. Have not been since late 2019 cannot wait to return.

Thanks everyone! I can’t wait to give them a try!

My wife and I have stayed there 14 times over the last 7 years. Excellent place and people, Great dive operation as well.

Ill be staying there for my first time for 5 days at the end of august based on the reviews and mentions i found here.
looks like a great place from what ive heard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom