New Cozumel scuba scavenger hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren’t you glad they are diving there and not with you?

Shallow depth for an extended period with attention on a game instead of the dive? Seems like a recipe for a lung expansion injury for a participant with poor multitasking and buoyancy skills. I know there's no scuba police but... I feel like this might be something that would be attractive to brand new divers because to them it would seem safer, but those are the ones who really shouldn't be doing something like this IMO. Maybe my risk detection sensor is just overactive today, dunno.

Kind of reminds me of the "Ultimate Divers Challenge" a few years back!
Which I also thought was a dumb idea - and it didn't take off as you can see :)

Shallow depth for an extended period with attention on a game instead of the dive? Seems like a recipe for a lung expansion injury for a participant with poor multitasking and buoyancy skills. I know there's no scuba police but... I feel like this might be something that would be attractive to brand new divers because to them it would seem safer, but those are the ones who really shouldn't be doing something like this IMO. Maybe my risk detection sensor is just overactive today, dunno.
Yep exactly - it's just a dumb idea probably thought up by non-divers - or at least by divers that don' take it seriously

They have put up a new youtube video. We should all visit it and leave comments! BTW who deposited those concrete blocks?

I found those in February. I'll enjoy diving them again. That is what I wondered. where did they come from?

I found those in February. I'll enjoy diving them again. That is what I wondered. where did they come from?
When Wilma blew apart the piers , they brought a bunch of remnants over to the area in 2011? to create some type of artificial reef. When carnival built the add on pier they also brought live chunks of limestone and coral over and placed between the sunken boats that are about 300 feet south west of the concrete blocks. Its another effort for creating artificial reef. Here is video of the two boats and reef that they created.

When Wilma blew apart the piers , they brought a bunch of remnants over to the area in 2011? to create some type of artificial reef. When carnival built the add on pier they also brought live chunks of limestone and coral over and placed between the sunken boats that are about 300 feet south west of the concrete blocks. Its another effort for creating artificial reef. Here is video of the two boats and reef that they created.
Thanks, I guess. Now I need scooters.

Back
Top Bottom