Aqua Lung i330R?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A post in another thread prompted me to take a quick look at the Aqua Lung i330R Peregrine price increase I don't usually pay much attention to the Aqua Lung computers as the Pelagic Z+ decompression algorithm is enough for me to lose interest.

I was surprised to see that this computer is said to run Buhlmann ZH-L16C Sport Version, the first to do so. So what is that. Well, it appears to be Buhlmann running three preset gradient factors, no custom GF. The three presets are "Off" 90/90, "More" 35/85, and "Most" 35/70. Perhaps not what I would want, but a GF high of 90 is more liberal than PZ+.

So, the computer has a color screen, rechargeable battery, 3 gas, no compass. Surprisingly, it's only $359. I've become quite fond of my SurfGF, tissue loading graph..., but for $135 less than the current Peregrine price, this computer might provide some competition.

Perhaps more interesting, Aqua Lung had broken out of the PPS deco algorithm. What should stop them from offering higher level computers with Buhlmann and custom GF?

Anybody have any experience with the i330R?

He doesn't go into the UI in the video, but at least you get to see them side by side.

Thank you @lowwall

For me, the deco algorithm is very important, as is some of the additional information. For $135 less, you can have the i330R over the Peregrine, not a difficult choice for me.

For me, the deco algorithm is very important, as is some of the additional information. For $135 less, you can have the i330R over the Peregrine, not a difficult choice for me.
The Peregrine also has this:
Peregrine-Tissue-Safety-Stop-15.jpg

It is a big step forward for Aqualung.
After sell service and reliability(new model i330R)?

The optional download cable for future software upgrading will push the cost higher.

Thank you @lowwall

My reading comprehension is not always the best, which one would you pick?

My reading comprehension is not always the best, which one would you pick?
Sorry, I was cryptic in my statement. the conclusion was clear to me.

i would choose the Shearwater Peregrine because of the custom GF, and the additional information available, particularly SurfGF. These would be worth the extra $135 to me. The i330Rs maximum GF high of 90 would not work for me, but, would be fine for many, it is more liberal than PZ+. As I said, offering Buhlmann with fixed presets, opens the door for Aqua Lung to offer custom GFs in the future on other computers. We'll see.

Sorry, I was cryptic in my statement. the conclusion was clear to me.

i would choose the Shearwater Peregrine because of the custom GF, and the additional information available, particularly SurfGF. These would be worth the extra $135 to me. The i330Rs maximum GF high of 90 would not work for me, but, would be fine for many, it is more liberal than PZ+. As I said, offering Buhlmann with fixed presets, opens the door for Aqua Lung to offer custom GFs in the future on other computers. We'll see.
I wonder if the i330r could offer custom Buhlmann if they put out a software update.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom