Machined Stainless steel Adjustment knob.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question: does anyone know if the Scubapro 109, G200, G250 adjustment knobs are machined from one piece of brass? I’m thinking not.

g200 doesn't have an adjustment knob... :poke:

anyhow, I'd recon that they are as I've never seen one come apart, and the tendency to bend and not break makes me feel a bit stronger in that opinion...

g200 doesn't have an adjustment knob... :poke:

anyhow, I'd recon that they are as I've never seen one come apart, and the tendency to bend and not break makes me feel a bit stronger in that opinion...
I have a 109 with a knob separated from the shaft. Need to dig it out to look a little closer.

G200 could the plug be replace with a knob in the in the balanced conversion ones?

No, complete different air barrel assembly to upgrade a g200 to a g250.

As far as I know, the original knobs were machined out of a single piece. Are you volunteering for another project? :-D

I.e. something like this custom Apeks knob, but for a 109/BA/G250?
Apeks Adjuster Screw mk2 | eBay

No, complete different air barrel assembly to upgrade a g200 to a g250.
Unfortunately I don’t have a G200. I was just thinking when someone upgrades their G200 to a balanced reg is the plug used for adjustment? If so could an external knob be made to replace the plug.

As far as I know, the original knobs were machined out of a single piece. Are you volunteering for another project? :-D

I.e. something like this custom Apeks knob, but for a 109/BA/G250?
Apeks Adjuster Screw mk2 | eBay
Was talking with @Geo7 and an idea came up to include a micro adjuster but the thought was the retainer clip may limit the size of the adjustment knob.

Unfortunately I don’t have a G200. I was just thinking when someone upgrades their G200 to a balanced reg is the plug used for adjustment? If so could an external knob be made to replace the plug.

Entire different assembly:

upload_2021-7-29_12-2-43.png

upload_2021-7-29_12-3-23.png

Note that the G200 air barrel has a threaded end the plug goes on holding everything in place. The s-wing will make it a g200B, but you can't make it a G250 unless you change out the whole air barrel.

Back
Top Bottom