Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7/14/21
Manasota
Time 8:30 am
Seas Flat
Water Temp 84
Vis 4'-8' til 20' then 10'-15'
Lots of jelly fish got nailed twice
Finds
003.JPG

None that I noticed, smell or dead fish.
Went today vis was about 8' at best, but fewer jellies.
Nothing worth posting found.

None that I noticed, smell or dead fish.
Went today vis was about 8' at best, but fewer jellies.
Nothing worth posting found.
Thanks for the report. Looks bad just north of you.

7/17/21
Service Club (looking for the P47) did not find it
winds from ENE
tide outgoing
some swells, no current, no hint of red tide
20 fsw, vis 3 ft
lots of jellyfish with 4 foot long tentacles! suit up if you are going out to dive

Used to dive Alhambra a lot.... was really only place to go. I'm meeting a Dive Buddy later this week in Venice and I'm seeing more post of Service Club dives. I'm familiar with Venice area, is that down near Brohard park and Sharkey's??? And can some one give a weather conditions update, please

Used to dive Alhambra a lot.... was really only place to go. I'm meeting a Dive Buddy later this week in Venice and I'm seeing more post of Service Club dives. I'm familiar with Venice area, is that down near Brohard park and Sharkey's??? And can some one give a weather conditions update, please

Service Club is just north of the Venice Pier, near Sharky's. winds have been out of the west and this week we are having morning thunderstorms. Varying reports of viz. i was not out last weekend but a local boat charter said they had 5 ft viz. red tide has been patchy, a little worse this week due to the west winds. from www.visitbeaches.org

Venice Beach
Venice, FL
Observations reflect beach conditions on Tuesday, Jul 27, 2021 02:06 PM
Flag
Yellow
Weather
UV Index
Sunset
08:21:06 PM
Sunrise
06:51:21 AM
Wind Direction
WSW
Wind Speed
1.01Mph
Air Temperature
87.24°F
Weather Summary
Clouds
Surf Conditions
Rip Currents
None
Surf Height
1-2 feet
Surf Type
Wind Chop
Surf Intensity
Moderate
Water Conditions
Water Color
Moderate
Water Surface Temperature
87°F
Drift Algae
Drift Algae Location
Beach & Water
Drift Algae Type
Brown Macroalgae
Drift Algae
Some
Beach Debris
None
Respiratory Irritation
Slight
Dead Fish
Dead Fish Location
Beach & Water
Dead Fish
Some
Jellyfish
None
Crowds
Few

Thanks @divindiva69...... I recalled after post that Service Club is near the USCG station. I'm down in Charlotte County but not near the coast and had forgot about Red Tide till I saw an update on news :wink: I know with west winds it makes for a crappy dive, plus now we are getting morning showers!!!! I may try Saturday and hope for best but expect a DND :(

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom