New SWIFT™ AI TRANSMITTER and New Firmware Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New firmware supports up to 4 transmitters

Wow, finally! I guess shearwater is still the "ask and you shall receive" company.

unlikely. More reliable to have the pressure sensor turn the device on and off vs use firmware to try to figure out if it is being used or not
That's a problem that's not incredibly difficult to lick. Heck, scubapro did it many years ago. Now that shearwater has their own product rather than relying on a commodity, they should be able to do it as well. Honestly, that's probably a more common problem than collisions with other transmitters. Consider that they already do the pressure change measurement when the transmitter is in the "off" state. That's how the thing comes on in the first place. They only need to add a check for lack of change while in the "on" state so it can be turned off.

I'm sure shearwater will get around to fixing that sooner or later. It's a pretty obvious shortcoming, their competitors already overcame the problem, and they have full control of their own transmitter now.

Reactions: OTF
No more custom splash screen?

:(

Or did I just forget where to look?

DGX has them listed in 4-7 days.

I guess I will be eating ramen for the next month.

That's a problem that's not incredibly difficult to lick. Heck, scubapro did it many years ago. Now that shearwater has their own product rather than relying on a commodity, they should be able to do it as well. Honestly, that's probably a more common problem than collisions with other transmitters. Consider that they already do the pressure change measurement when the transmitter is in the "off" state. That's how the thing comes on in the first place. They only need to add a check for lack of change while in the "on" state so it can be turned off.
Maybe I’m missing something, but why is this necessary? The batteries for the transmitter aren’t overly expensive. Certainly cheap enough that changing them once or twice a year is not a significant expense.

Changing the transmission interval seems certainly more critical than being able to turn off the transmitter while pressurized.

Also, has anyone updated a Perdix AI to v84? I’m only seeing v81 available using Shearwater Cloud for iOS or Mac.

Maybe I’m missing something, but why is this necessary? The batteries for the transmitter aren’t overly expensive. Certainly cheap enough that changing them once or twice a year is not a significant expense.

Changing the transmission interval seems certainly more critical than being able to turn off the transmitter while pressurized.

Also, has anyone updated a Perdix AI to v84? I’m only seeing v81 available using Shearwater Cloud for iOS or Mac.

Yes. But I'm using Shearwater Cloud on Android.

I was having the same issue using the shearwater app on my iphone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom