Ordering o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starskipper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In past I've been able to source all the o-rings I needed for my regulator service in service kits. Now there are a few I can't find anymore, so I need to order them separately. First question: where do you folks usually buy your o-rings from?

Second question: how do I know exactly what specs I need? I know the exact sizes I want, but I must admit I'm a bit confused by all the different material options out there (NBR, FKM, EPDM, etc.).

In past I've been able to source all the o-rings I needed for my regulator service in service kits. Now there are a few I can't find anymore, so I need to order them separately. First question: where do you folks usually buy your o-rings from?

Second question: how do I know exactly what specs I need? I know the exact sizes I want, but I must about I'm a bit confused by all the different material options out there (NBR, FKM, EPDM, etc.).
WE have a complete scuba o-ring range for many brands see our catalogue Catalogue - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
if you have any problems just drop us a line on info@scubagaskets.com and let us know what you are looking for

kind regards
Nicolas

Second question: how do I know exactly what specs I need? I know the exact sizes I want, but I must about I'm a bit confused by all the different material options out there (NBR, FKM, EPDM, etc.).

The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

McMaster-Carr

What regs are you looking to service? There are some annotated diagrams that have been posted here that have the specs you are looking for.

Viton for nitrox/oxygen use. EPDM or Buna for air. EPDM is a little more durable than Buna.

Thanks all for the great references! I've checked them out. Very helpful. :)

One follow-up question: It seems all these big online o-ring stores only sell in bulk. The one o-ring I need, for example, has a minimum order count of 72. While I need... one. Or maybe 3-5 to have some spares, but certainly not 72. Are there any options out there for tiny orders like that? Ideally a physical store or pickup to not have to deal with shipping, which if online would end up like 90% of the total cost. I'm in LA btw.

What regs are you looking to service? There are some annotated diagrams that have been posted here that have the specs you are looking for.

It's a TUSA TR-400. A Mk5 clone. I have the service manual already, and most of the parts. I'm just missing a 2-115 and a 3-906. The service manual only lists the sizes but not anything else like material or hardness. That's why I was confused. But rsingler's reply helped clear up that materials question for me, so all good on that front now.

Where are you? Google "2-115 o-ring" and "3-906 o-ring" and you'll find many sources of one or a few.....but if you are in Tokyo all bets are off.

LP side, 70 to 80 duro is fine, HP side 90 duro is more common. just get viton/fkm for everything. the cost is negligible. maybe see if @buddhasummer is still in japan and has what you need, else shipping for anyone in the US would outweigh the cost of you just ordering in bulk.

Back
Top Bottom