Kubi Glove System Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GiantMoray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I’m looking for some advice on my Kubi glove system. I had a fitted system installed last summer but haven’t had the opportunity to use them until this weekend.

The seals work fine without the gloves and the gloves go on with no issues, however I noticed that the rings on the dry suit were flush on one sleeve but not on the other, and when I spoke to the other guys who I was diving with who have them they thought that unless Kubi have changed the system they look wrong, it seems to be missing the outer o rings.

I’m just wondering if anyone here can tell me? Please see the attached photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AA4A44F0-A848-4C3C-9E18-A6A0685B3693.jpeg
    AA4A44F0-A848-4C3C-9E18-A6A0685B3693.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 43DF05F5-CC96-4A37-9804-2A2B82F37F6A.jpeg
    43DF05F5-CC96-4A37-9804-2A2B82F37F6A.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 141
Ok, so I need to locate the missing o rings, push the rings out slightly and pop them in?

Search YouTube for changing Kubi wrist seals. There should be a video that shows how they are removed and the securing O-ring you are missing.

This is frustrating, the o rings which he’s already used are the retaining ones, and the one left is the one which should be the inside!

I’m trying to remove the inner ring to reinstall the seal but I can’t get it to budge pushing with my thumbs, any suggestions?

I’m trying to remove the inner ring to reinstall the seal but I can’t get it to budge pushing with my thumbs, any suggestions?
Keep trying, mostly. I had a manufacturer kindly glue mine in because they inserted the inner ring before the glue was dry. An hour of frustrating pushing later, I was able to push through. If you can find a can/cup/mug exactly the width of the inner ring (but smaller than the outer ring), you may have some luck.

I can tell you to push squarely. If one side starts to move, work to the other side. The rings have pretty good tolerances, so if you keep pushing in one spot and cock the rings much they will be jammed against each other. This isn't Tupperware. Don't let one side get more than 2-3mm (1/8") ahead.

Same thing goes for the dry gloves. I have heard of people moaning about the rings getting stuck and prying them apart with spoons. Intelligence and working the rings little by little will get them together and apart easily. Ham fisted ram rodding it and get the rings cocked, they will jam.

VERY important. A small amount of silicone grease(very small amount) must be used when donning the gloves and sliding into the rings mounted on the drysuit. Do NOT wet them with spit or anything other than the grease or you will need spoons or strong prybars to remove them after your dive. A small amount of grease on the o-ring will last for multiple dives on the same day. They will then go on and be removed with little effort.

VERY important. A small amount of silicone grease(very small amount) must be used when donning the gloves and sliding into the rings mounted on the drysuit. Do NOT wet them with spit or anything other than the grease or you will need spoons or strong prybars to remove them after your dive. A small amount of grease on the o-ring will last for multiple dives on the same day. They will then go on and be removed with little effort.
I use zipper lube. You can tune the friction. More lube, less friction. Buff the lube off the O-rings with a towel, less friction. This way one lube works everywhere on the drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom