Miami diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougieG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

I know diving is better to the south (Key Largo) and to the north (West Palm Beach/Jupiter), but I will be in Miami visiting my mother and may have time to get away and do some local diving in Miami.

Anyone have recommendations for dive ops and good dive sites in the Miami area?

Thanks,

DougieG

I know other people have asked about this in the past, and I have done a already used the search function to look at these post. Just trying to get any updated information on Miami area diving.

In particular, I will be staying close to Key Biscayne, and I know there are some dive shops on Key Biscayne, but I really don't have any information on them or the diving off of Key Biscayne.

Thanks again.

I dove the Tenneco Towers/Platforms years ago out of Miami and it was a great dive.

I wish I could remember. I do know the ride was very short out to the dive site. There were schools of tarpon when I went which was great. We also brought food in zip lock baggies and fed the fish....not sure they allow that any more lol

Hello everyone,

I know diving is better to the south (Key Largo) and to the north (West Palm Beach/Jupiter), but I will be in Miami visiting my mother and may have time to get away and do some local diving in Miami.

Anyone have recommendations for dive ops and good dive sites in the Miami area?

Thanks,

DougieG

I like diving the Neptune Memorial. Dive operation out of South Beach.

Hey DougieG
Divers Paradise is right on Key Biscayne. We've done some wrecks with them and they also help the local U of Miami with volunteer dives for their Rescue a Reef program. They did cancel on me a couple of times though but when we did go out it was a good experience. Their calendar looks pretty full : DIVE AND SNORKEL TRIPS | divers-paradise (keydivers.com)

There is also Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center (https://www.tarpoonlagoon.com/) and Deco Divers (Scuba Diving Miami | Snorkeling | Rentals | Deco Divers - (decodiversmiami.com) that go out of South Miami both of whom we have used and had a good experience. We've done reefs and a few wrecks with them. Also the Neptune Memorial Dive site out there which was pretty cool. Neptune Memorial Reef

There is also a cool site called 'Army Tanks' which you might be able to request.
GOPR5029.jpg

The Teneco Towers is an amazing site too, you'll have to be further north for that one. You might try ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II for that one. We have used them often and they are great. No shop (so no rental gear as far as I know), you'd have to arrange that elsewhere.

Lots of small wrecks in the area and a some great spots on the reef. A few other articles from my wife's blog (some are further afield) for your reading pleasure: South Florida Diving Archives | Freedom Tour Travel

Enjoy your stay, and hope you get to go diving :)

Hey DougieG
Divers Paradise is right on Key Biscayne. We've done some wrecks with them and they also help the local U of Miami with volunteer dives for their Rescue a Reef program. They did cancel on me a couple of times though but when we did go out it was a good experience. Their calendar looks pretty full : DIVE AND SNORKEL TRIPS | divers-paradise (keydivers.com)

There is also Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center (Tarpoon Lagoon Dive Center | Miami Beach | Scuba Diving | Snorkeling) and Deco Divers (Scuba Diving Miami | Snorkeling | Rentals | Deco Divers - (decodiversmiami.com) that go out of South Miami both of whom we have used and had a good experience. We've done reefs and a few wrecks with them. Also the Neptune Memorial Dive site out there which was pretty cool. Neptune Memorial Reef

There is also a cool site called 'Army Tanks' which you might be able to request.
View attachment 672907

The Teneco Towers is an amazing site too, you'll have to be further north for that one. You might try ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II for that one. We have used them often and they are great. No shop (so no rental gear as far as I know), you'd have to arrange that elsewhere.

Lots of small wrecks in the area and a some great spots on the reef. A few other articles from my wife's blog (some are further afield) for your reading pleasure: South Florida Diving Archives | Freedom Tour Travel

Enjoy your stay, and hope you get to go diving :)
Hi there Jaan! Is this Amry Tank site around the Neptune memorial reef? I don't seem to find a lot of info.. Cheers!

Hi there Jaan! Is this Amry Tank site around the Neptune memorial reef? I don't seem to find a lot of info.. Cheers!
It’s a bit further North off Miami.

In fact I saw divers paradise organizing a trip to the army tanks on May 20th

There is actually an adjacent site called radio towers which is pretty cool too (often added as a second site on the same boat tour)

We’re not signed up yet but loved the site and may do so if there is room. Of course now that I posted it on SB my chances may be lowered :(. Haha. Used to be some HUGE barracudas patrolling the area :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom