Pull Gloves over Zip Seals, No Additions required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and another buddy have tried three dives now with Marigold G17k gloves directly over the zip seals. I’m amazed to confirm that there were no leaks and they stayed on just fine. As a regular cold water diver (two dives - one hour+ with 53f bottom temp yesterday), this is huge news. If you’ve not tried it, you are missing out. We did not use anything to relieve glove squeeze.

The biggest problem in my opinion with zip seals has always been how to easily use with dry gloves and this solves it.

Me and another buddy have tried three dives now with Marigold G17k gloves directly over the zip seals. I’m amazed to confirm that there were no leaks and they stayed on just fine. As a regular cold water diver (two dives - one hour+ with 53f bottom temp yesterday), this is huge news. If you’ve not tried it, you are missing out. We did not use anything to relieve glove squeeze.

The biggest problem in my opinion with zip seals has always been how to easily use with dry gloves and this solves it.
Wasting your time. I have been telling people this for years, they assume you are wrong and won't try it.
Glad you got to try it out.

I’m going to have to try this my next dives. My left Kubi glove is leaking and I can’t figure out why.

I’ve now got Kubi leaking on BOTH hands. GRRR. Quarry dives tomorrow so I’m going to switch out for ZipSeals without the rings attached and try the gloves as pullovers. I’m annoyed as hell. The Kubi system didn’t leak when I first got them.

Edit: I can’t get the gloves over the floppy zip seal ring and I don’t have the hand strength to deal with it. Forget that. Going to try a new pair of gloves on the Kubi rings.

Back
Top Bottom