How would you get to Palau or what would you do in Guam for a day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guam has nice beaches and nice easy hikes to do. It’s shockingly similar to anywhere else in America, which is nice if you’re a homesick expat like myself, but I guess you wouldn’t indulge yourself with a burger at Chilis or pancakes at iHOP during your one day layover, haha.

OMG yes how good is it to go to go to Chilis, or go into a grocery store and see American things you recognize. Last time I went to Truck I had a half day layover and just rented a car (it was really cheep like $30) and went into town and had a nice lunch and dinner did some shopping etc. Its just like any other costal beach town in the US and there is plenty to do there. You should have no problem killing a long lay over there might even find 1 day is not enough.

we flew SFO -> Inchon -> Palau on Asiana flight 2 years ago. Got Premium economy seats so could sleep well.
There was 11 hr layover in Incheon. We took their free day trip to Seoul for 5 hrs and then slept in the airport hotel for 4 hrs (they rent rooms by hr). Arrived early morning in Palau and slept some more before boarding liveaboard in the afternoon.

Similar route on the way back with 9 hrs layover in Seoul.

Guam has nice beaches and nice easy hikes to do. It’s shockingly similar to anywhere else in America,
But a tropical version of America. That makes me want to go there -- as much as I enjoy tropical ecosystems, the "third world" infrastructure in most of them makes for quite a logistical challenge.

Personally I wouldn't even consider flying United (too many problems with that airline). I took China Airlines to Palau via Taipei

I live in Taiwan so would take either China Airlines or EVA Air and the direct flight is 5 hours. There are travel groups allowed in from Taiwan but they cannot just take off for diving. If Palau and Taiwan decide to allow tourism so I can go diving then I would like to go for two or three weeks.

I live in Taiwan so would take either China Airlines or EVA Air and the direct flight is 5 hours. There are travel groups allowed in from Taiwan but they cannot just take off for diving. If Palau and Taiwan decide to allow tourism so I can go diving then I would like to go for two or three weeks.
It looks like the day has come.

Palau Aggressor II - Save $1000 - Palau Now Open

Not quite. In addition to testing requirements, they require an initial 5 day stay at an approved site with a limitation of free movement around the island. It’s a bit misleading of an ad from Aggressor.

Rob

@aquabluegreg is asking Aggressor whether the PA2 can be used as the approved site.

A liveaboard is certainly a good quarantining place since you would be isolated from other people in the island.

I would be in a similar situation in Tiger Beach in October. Bahamas port authority let Dolphin Dream to come and dive in their water as long as we don’t go to their port. We don’t even need to have any covid related restrictions, such as PCR test & whether we need to be vaccinated, since the boat will be coming & going from West Palmbeach, Florida.

Both Palau Aggressor II and Rock Island Aggressor are approved sites, according to this:
6) Requirement: Visitors and non-residents must stay at a Pandemic Certified establishment during their first five(5) days upon arrival.

AGGRESSOR: Both yachts obtained this certification.

Both Palau Aggressor II and Rock Island Aggressor are approved sites, according to this:
That’s nice. Good to hear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom