Stealth Travel Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smartcarte. Although it’s $6 and there is no refund on return, makes airport treks so much more tolerable.

I use the Eagle Creek bag. I need as light a bag as possible, and this fit the bill nicely. my gear and clothes end up heavy and close to the weight limit. I do not want to compromise my gear for travel and the regs are in my carry on. The Eagle Creek bag works.

Personally, I only use two wheeled bags, half the failure points of wheels, and move much easier on uneven or soft surfaces - four wheels can be similar to roller skating on a beach.

Personally, I only use two wheeled bags, half the failure points of wheels, and move much easier on uneven or soft surfaces - four wheels can be similar to roller skating on a beach.

I've only had wheel failure on the one bag and it was the two wheeled duffle with the extending pull handle. None of my other bags over the years have suffered wheel failure. I love using a couple of fingers to guide the four wheeled bag through the the airport.

Thanks everyone. I like the look of the Stahlsack but might go with the larger model. I use my bag for backpacking treks also and I like being able to fit a large BP plus some extra gear inside.

That "armycamousa" bag is pretty close to what I have now. I like what I have but the wheel area is not beefy enough.

I do use a regular suitcase sometimes, but having the extra length of a 37" bag can be handy for some gear. If it was SCUBA-only I would most likely go with a suitcase. My roller hockey bag is nice though in that it stores pretty flat once emptied.

Right now I use a roller hockey duffel for my gear. It's huge -- larger than the max size allowed for checked, free bags -- but it holds everything easily. It's getting pretty worn out though. I will probably buy another similar bag but was wondering what else is popular. I don't want anything with a dive brand or logo on it, as I don't want to attract attention from baggage handlers. It does not need to be carry-on obviously, but it could be slightly smaller than the hockey bag. It must have wheels and ideally the wheels would be replaceable rollerblade-style wheels.

We have two of these. Gear all fits, along with some air gaps for other incidentals.

Pacific Gear Drop Zone Drop-Bottom Rolling Duffel

60b0c436-7f80-4086-a6fe-5721b735fd0c_1.900bf10f229910bd83da4f064b5355d1.jpe

I've only had wheel failure on the one bag and it was the two wheeled duffle with the extending pull handle. None of my other bags over the years have suffered wheel failure. I love using a couple of fingers to guide the four wheeled bag through the the airport.

I agree that four wheels are fabulous at the airport, it’s when you leave the smooth, even surfaces that their shortcomings become obvious, and entertaining for spectators.

I always find it somewhat humorous when at the airport I see someone with a dive specific bag and I ask them were they have been diving. Some seem offended, but their bag says steal me, err scuba gear inside.

I once pushed one uphill from our hotel over cobbled streets etc. to the train station in Paris. That was fun. Though I don't think pulling a big duffel would have been any more fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom