Where to stay in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have to stay on the mainland, then Placencia followed by Hopkins would be my choice.

There aren't any other viable options. Staying in Belize City for more than a night while you transfer either to or from diving would be a bad idea. There is a dive shop there, Sea Sports, but they cater to the cruise ships.

If you go to Placencia, there's a wide range of options for accommodations. I'd recommend Splash for diving. Thy would also help you find a place to stay. (Disclaimer: I'm very good friends with the owners/operators but regardless I think they're the best dive shop.) If you stay in Hopkins, take a look at Hamanasi.

Or maybe Hank's house in Sittee River, lol. (j/k, Hank)

Thank you Downing and everyone else for the great info. We were able to book the Blackbird Cay Resort :yeahbaby:
Now I'm counting the days.....

I will report back with pictures and videos..... Here is a small teaser from my trip to Roatan, Honduras in March:

View media item 211100View media item 211099View media item 211098View media item 211097View media item 211096View media item 211095View media item 211094View media item 211093View media item 211092View media item 211091

Does anyone know which places would have the lowest single supplement if I were to travel solo (but still get in the best dives)?

Are you wanting to dive from San Pedro or out at the Atolls?

Are you wanting to dive from San Pedro or out at the Atolls?

I would rather stay (and willing to pay the premium) closer to the area where the better diving is which I assume is at the atolls. Dealing with minimum divers needed for special trips out there from Ambergis each time would be too risky for me as well as the longer transit times.

I would rather stay (and willing to pay the premium) closer to the area where the better diving is which I assume is at the atolls. Dealing with minimum divers needed for special trips out there from Ambergis each time would be too risky for me as well as the longer transit times.

I'm thinking of it myself since I can't get to where I truly want to be. I love Belize but it's an old love. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom