apeks single tank adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same setup and switched to a scubpro sta and buckles. The location of the strap holes didn't with for my setup. The scubapro works perfect.

that is actually my plan to do so. i was just trying it out the way it is in the picture because it was suggested to me by a fellow short diver to avoid my head. but it didnt really make a different for my. but i like it better with the first stage pointing up because my hoses sit more streamline.
There is very limited way to play around with the routing as the orientation of the ports dictate everything.
Happy diving.

first dive one the new setup today. Went good. i do have to adjust the crotch strap a bit and i did keep hitting my head on the first stage ( its still pointed down as shown in the pics i previously posted). next dive i am going to adjust the crotch so the bcd fits me a but tighter, may also tighten the shoulder straps a bit. maybe that will helped with me hitting my head. also have to figure out a way to keep my reg from wanting to push left when in my mouth. not a huge issue but i can feel it a bit. but other than that the sta sits more in the middle after i rethreaded the harness and used the bottom hole so i dont think thats an issue so now the only real issue is the first stage hitting my head when im in trim postion and looking forward.

any ideas on that note

Dude, when are you going to show us a picture of the beautiful new sta - wing relationship

Shoulder straps are supposed to be loose, with the crotch strap pulling your rig down tight

YES, shoulder strap should be a bit loose. Plenty of demon on you tube.
With the STA the tank should be relative away from the body compare not having one. The tank is set too high?

here is some pics. tighten the crotch strap a bit. so next weekend we will see how its goes. yes i possible had it to high. one of my dive buddies has the same setup i have and she is about my height and also uses a steel 100 tank and she told me she doesnt have that issue so i will lower the tank next dive and the crotch strap getting tightened should also help.

something i didnt mention before, but i noticed the wing nut bolts were a bit loose after the dive and i 100% tightened them before the dive ( hand tight ) i have seen lock nut flat knob style nuts. are those worth it. Or i might just take a few stainless steel lock washers i use on aircrafts from work and try that. ( they withstand the vibration of a airplane so they should do the job)
I have the same setup and switched to a scubpro sta and buckles. The location of the strap holes didn't with for my setup. The scubapro works perfect.

There is very limited way to play around with the routing as the orientation of the ports dictate everything.
Happy diving.

Dude, when are you going to show us a picture of the beautiful new sta - wing relationship

Shoulder straps are supposed to be loose, with the crotch strap pulling your rig down tight

YES, shoulder strap should be a bit loose. Plenty of demon on you tube.
With the STA the tank should be relative away from the body compare not having one. The tank is set too high?

Attachments

• 75D0CB29-5117-41FE-8232-AD59526105CB_1_105_c.jpeg
    75D0CB29-5117-41FE-8232-AD59526105CB_1_105_c.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 135
  • 213BC22F-23BB-4032-90D2-33E5D4D6D880_1_105_c.jpeg
    213BC22F-23BB-4032-90D2-33E5D4D6D880_1_105_c.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 04186526-9475-4805-A594-1777CB88FE97_1_105_c.jpeg
    04186526-9475-4805-A594-1777CB88FE97_1_105_c.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 147
I use split washer(spring lock).
Be gentle with the crotch strap if it is too tight:wink:.

You should be able to move the top cam band at least another inch higher judging by two of your photo on #15.

It is annoying/frustrating when the slots on the wing and the plate do not line up.
Wing and plate manufacturers should make the slot a bit longer vertically.

I bought a WTX-30 PSD and was hoping to go without the STA. At the last second, freaked out over that possibility everything wouldn't line up and I ended up springing for the Apeks SS plate. I can't comment if I could have gotten away with a cheaper plate, but I had no issues with generic cam bands holding the tank in place.

first dive one the new setup today. Went good. i do have to adjust the crotch strap a bit and i did keep hitting my head on the first stage ( its still pointed down as shown in the pics i previously posted). next dive i am going to adjust the crotch so the bcd fits me a but tighter, may also tighten the shoulder straps a bit. maybe that will helped with me hitting my head. also have to figure out a way to keep my reg from wanting to push left when in my mouth. not a huge issue but i can feel it a bit. but other than that the sta sits more in the middle after i rethreaded the harness and used the bottom hole so i dont think thats an issue so now the only real issue is the first stage hitting my head when im in trim postion and looking forward.

any ideas on that note

I found I had to have the top tank band very high on the tank, like as high as it could go, to keep my head from hitting the first stage.

So I dove it again on Sunday . Went great, not to loose, not hitting my head with the tank I had to put the top cam strap as high as possible on my tank. Love it . I didn’t even have to use added weight at 150 lbs . Steel 100 tank no wet suit weight is not needed .. I might not even need any weight with a 3mm wetsuit but I will try that out later on. For now I will leave the weight pockets but remove the trim pouches. My trim was on point. If I get down with out any weight and with out weights in a 3mm I was ditch the weight pockets also. Next step blacktip travel :)

Attachments

• 852247E4-D588-46DD-B4B8-867595D716D2.jpeg
    852247E4-D588-46DD-B4B8-867595D716D2.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 120
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom