Switching oils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abyss_scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have since the dawn of time I have heard use the same oil or you will have to flush after a short period of time. Speaking to the guy at Alkin he offered me Anderol 755 in place of 750. He said you could go from 750 to 755 without a flush but could not go the other way. Has anyone ever done this? Is 755 that much better than 750?

TIA

T
I have since the dawn of time I have heard use the same oil or you will have to flush after a short period of time. Speaking to the guy at Alkin he offered me Anderol 755 in place of 750. He said you could go from 750 to 755 without a flush but could not go the other way. Has anyone ever done this? Is 755 that much better than 750?

TIA
They are both synthetic di-ester oils. You don't need to do any elaborate flushing. Its not a huge change like mineral to synthetic, just switch and be done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom