What is the verdict on this "scooter"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
~$550 seems low.

WhiteShark Mix
upload_2021-7-23_10-6-43.gif

1,5m/s is 90m/min, or 295ft/min, seriously doubt those numbers.
They say 17,6lbs thrust, in comparison Suex claims a top speed of 85m/min on their XJ with a max thrust of 74,2lbs.
Dive Xtras claim 57lbs thrust for their Blacktip with a top speed of ~70m/min.
17,6lbs thrust is basically a strong and steady fart and will in no way send you flying forward at 90m/min.

$550 sounds about right, it's a pool toy for kids and it is priced as such.

See below with the results compendium from the Tahoe Benchmark done about 10 years ago. Many of these scooters are still considered top end scooters so while there are many on there not represented, it's good enough. If they're claiming 18lbs of torque, then it puts it halfway between the Oceanic Mako and the Torpedo 2000. Call it 120fpm in a recreational configuration and probably 100fpm in a tech configuration. Combine that with a 30minute battery *which has an asterisk next to it so lord only knows what that means and I'd call it a pool toy and nothing more.

upload_2021-7-23_16-37-24.png

Total junk for diving but unironically super fun as a swimming pool toy.

Keep an eye out for used Sierra's. We've got two and the most I've paid was $700 in complete working order.

like a lot of so called dvps on the web its a crap toy for the pool 30 mins battery life no good to any diver leave well alone i have a blacktip on order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom