Lake Jocassee new ramp discussion 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m seeking information on location of new ramp on a map, I can’t seem to find out specifically and I’m 2 hrs away. Wanted to plan a dive.

I have a scooter, will be diving a rebreather, trimix and hoping to explore 150-200’ depth and meander back to ramp while doing some deco.

I’ve only tried taking the boat to the wall with Bill and want to try something new. It also looks like a 5-10 min scooter ride to 200-250’ depth if I head due north on where I think it’s at and comparing that with depth charts.

Plan dive day is 7/31 so if anyone has a scooter and knows a good route let me know. :)

thanks in advance,
Garth

View media item 211473
This is the map I was using that had depths and two ramps. I'm trying to find the non-motorized ramp of course :wink:

Regarding location, the new divers entry area is shown with yellow dot.
Devils Fork 2 ramp (old divers area) is shown for reference.
jocassee new.png

Crap, that was what I was hoping was not the case...

Thank you for the info!!!

I'm thinking about surface swimming (on my back) to the old ramp.

What is the distance between the two ramps, would it be reasonable with a DPV? Doesn’t seem like a terrible distance. I might try it and I’ll report back.

there isn’t any solo diving rules or anything right?

What is the distance between the two ramps, would it be reasonable with a DPV? Doesn’t seem like a terrible distance. I might try it and I’ll report back.

there isn’t any solo diving rules or anything right?

there's really no diving "rules" here which is good. Distance is roughly 1800ft going around the point. Longer than I would want to kick, but an easy scooter.

I wanna scooter..................."I want a bucket of chicken!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom