Things you are (almost but not really) ashamed of doing while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mk2i is great everyday watch, I love it. I had an issue with T1 unit but it was replaced under warranty without fuss. I agree with @Tyler HalfTheHill ’s approach. If you are giving out so much money, it needs to do much more just DC and to be worn everyday.

I am in the FB group, and have seen the reports of issues. Just speaking from my own personal experience of the product, I couldn't be happier.

I have not had a chance to get "hands on" with a shearwater. If/when I make the jump to technical diving I will likely be investing in that brand, since I do believe they make a more comprehensive and adequate dive computer for that level. When I was in the market for a new computer I was comparing the Teric and the Garmin for my recreational diving and instruction. Given comparable prices, I decided for the product I would get the most use out of. So far have not had to go through the warranty process, fingers crossed.

The Teric is way brighter underwater than the MK1, and information is better organised (even if personal preferences play a big role). Would I spend more money just for that? No. Indeed, if I had the money, I would go for a good dive computer (Peregrine for rec, Perdix for tec) plus a sport-watch (there are so many good products for about 3/400€).

As a matter of fact, 479€ for the peregrine + 449€ for a fenix6 is less than the 1099€ for an MK2. And there are many other sport-watches less expensive than the fenix6 able to satisfy most amateurs. For tec diving, it is different, and money plays in favour of the MK2 (but, as I said, if money isn't a problem, I would go for a Perdix + a sport-watch).

That said, it's a personal choice, and I am more than happy to hear that you are satisfied :)

I haven’t really serviced any of my dive gear since a bought it years ago.

Why ever not?

By the way, why do you want an all in one device? Which benefit do you see?
I have a watch for everyday activity (work,...). I have a watch for fancy activities (like when wearing a tux or nice suit). I have a diving watch plus a diving computer. I have an Apple watch. it is a pain to choose every morning depending on what my activities are. It is an unnecessary distraction. I guess that if I can get rid of the Apple watch and the diving watch, life will be easier.
An analogy. Fifteen years ago, I decided to only wear suits and in only three colors, navy blue, grey and brown (for weekends). I only wear white shirts. No tie but one in the trunk of my car just in case. Only black shoes and black socks. Which means that I don't spend a second thinking of what I wear in the morning. In total darkness, I can take any suit, any shirt, any pair of cuff, shoes and socks from my dressing.

I have a watch for everyday activity (work,...). I have a watch for fancy activities (like when wearing a tux or nice suit). I have a diving watch plus a diving computer. I have an Apple watch. it is a pain to choose every morning depending on what my activities are. It is an unnecessary distraction. I guess that if I can get rid of the Apple watch and the diving watch, life will be easier.
An analogy. Fifteen years ago, I decided to only wear suits and in only three colors, navy blue, grey and brown (for weekends). I only wear white shirts. No tie but one in the trunk of my car just in case. Only black shoes and black socks. Which means that I don't spend a second thinking of what I wear in the morning. In total darkness, I can take any suit, any shirt, any pair of cuff, shoes and socks from my dressing.

Well, the diving computer goes with diving equipment, you will wear it together with the equipment :) but if it helps you in releasing some mental energy, I understand

Well, the diving computer goes with diving equipment, you will wear it together with the equipment :) but if it helps you in releasing some mental energy, I understand
I guess that you have never been made fun of by your friends because you are wearing your Apple watch on one wrist and your dive computer on the other?

I guess that you have never been made fun of by your friends because you are wearing your Apple watch on one wrist and your dive computer on the other?

Indeed you are right. When I have a watch, I do not wear a diving computer; when I wear a diving computer, I do not wear a watch :)

Don't believe in fixin' something that ain't broken.

"Professionally " serviced one of the regs I no longer own, and it broke it. That's 100% fail rate.
I knew your reason. Same thing happened to me the only time I had our regs "professionally serviced". I don't mind buying regs off of ebay, testing them and diving them but I'm gunshy if I think they have been serviced.

Well, you certainly know that you can have a 3 minutes NDL at 40 meters and that very NDL becomes 13 minutes once you go up to 25 meters, right?
Or use 28% nitrox to considerably increase bottom times

Back
Top Bottom