Eon Core Error code d1c00600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was also very impressed with Suunto's customer service but to be honest now I'm a little worried this could happen again while maybe on a live aboard or something which would completely ruin my holiday

For your reassurance, but my wife and I have Eons. They're 5 years old. Mine's got approx 1100 dives on it, had a pressure sensor replaced at 2 years. Hers has around 800 dives and no issues ever

I also have a Perdix, thats used as backup - I brought it only too see what all the fuss was about. It has around 500 dives

From and diving standpoint there's no real difference between the two. Ignore those who claim the Eon is more conservative, they're talking nonsense. They both run similar NDL times - even with minor deco. After a string of 40 repetitive dives they were both still reading the same (within a minute)

While there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Perdix, I wouldn't buy another. The GUI is old fashioned and clunky and the screen in bright conditions has lots of glare and a narrow viewing angle compared to the Eon.

It does have the ability to monitor 2 tanks simultaneously which the Eon frustratingly can't

While neither are perfect, the Eon, I feel is generally the better computer.

They both run similar NDL times - even with minor deco. After a string of 40 repetitive dives they were both still reading the same (within a minute)
This I have also seen, now that my wife is diving with the Perdix and myself with the Core. Basically, we're mostly doing the same dive, and the figures for NDL are very close on both. I'm using the RGBM2 model that came with the latest update, maybe it's closer to the Buhlmann than the previous one.

The main gripe people have with Suunto vs Shearwater isn't necessarily the NDL times even with repetitive dives. It's the fact that the algorythm is proprietary and not published. This means it's basically impossible to know for 100% what the Suunto will punish you for and in what manner.

I don't own a core, but have dived one a couple of times, unless I did something wrong, the only thing that annoyed me was the fact that you can't do a multigas diveplan in the computer itself. You have to do it on your Suunto DM5 software.

I'm not asking the most complicated diveplanner in the computer, but atleast one where I can properly plan my time at depth and my deco stops with let's say a 50-70% oxygen stage.
As far as I saw the computer only gave me my NDL on the standard dive planner, not even the option to enter a dive time and then see what stops or TTS this would create .

I loved the screen though. Very bright!

This means it's basically impossible to know for 100% what the Suunto will punish you for and in what manner.
Can you from a dive planner work out how a Buhlmann computer will react or "punish you"? No. The only way to know is to read teh code of the manufacturer implementation

So the proprietary algorithm just doesn't wash with me I'm afraid - although the SB SW fanbois love to use the term

So far in my "limited" use of the Eon - the only time I've seen a meaningful penalty is having a short SI on conservative setting.

Generally mine's set to P-2 - which is has always appeared identical to 45/95 (Buhlmann ZHL 16C) which is the most aggressive setting, I mostly dive in current on a scooter with frequent fast ascents and descents as we follow the topography making headway against the current. No penalties. Nor are there any if I ditch the SS - when the conditions are too hazardous to remain in the water. Basically it doesn't get upset at all, because their Fused RGBM is a different implementation of Pure RGBM (much like all the numerous variants of Buhlmann)

I can't comment on your desire for an inbuilt dive planner, since I've never used a PDC dive plan function, I plan ahead on the computer and the nature of my dives means it's only a loose plan even with some 50% slung to the side

Did anyone ever figure out what that error was? I assume after you pressed reset it didn't resolve itself. I also have my (hard to read with old eyes) D6i which I guess I'll keep bringing along as a backup just in case.

Did anyone ever figure out what that error was? I assume after you pressed reset it didn't resolve itself. I also have my (hard to read with old eyes) D6i which I guess I'll keep bringing along as a backup just in case.
No, nobody told me anything. It is some kind of hardware error I assume.

In my case, after pressing "restart" it booted up normally, and after some 10-15 seconds the System Failure appeared again.

I know this is old, but in case it helps anybody use searching this error. I got this error on my wife's eon core after downloading logs to subsurface and disconnected the USB transfer/charge cable. I tried to restart it a few times with no luck. I reconnected the USB cable and I was going to see if I could update the firmware and it came back to life. I'm not sure this is a good thing though because I'm going to be paranoid for awhile now, at least we have backup computers if it craps out again.

I charge our cores from USB ports on the computer so I can download at the same time if I want to. When I was getting the error before, it would load the software then halfway through verifying the logbook, it would have the failure.

As I'm typing this, I heard the computer USB device disconnected sound and the computer went back into the system failure. I'm wondering if the failure is tied to improper USB disconnection from a computer.

Back
Top Bottom