Perdix AI transmitter question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you turn on 2 greys one after the other they won't be clashing they never will, right?
They'll basically transmit at the same rate. They turn on with gas pressure. The problem is you've got to dump the gas pressure and leave them for a while so they turn off, then back on again, hoping that you miss the other one's transmissions.

Or just buy a yellow (expensive) Shearwater one and a grey (cheap) Aqualung one.

This is what I did for my rebreather pressure sensors; cost me another £100/€120/$140, but I have never had problems. I know of other people that didn't and bought the same colour and they do occasionally have problems.

Do keep a couple of spare CR123 batteries handy. They're hard to source except by intarwebs and they will expire at the wrong time.

They'll basically transmit at the same rate.
Yeah so if you turn them on at different times the chances of them clashing is very slim, and if they don't they never will. I've never had mine clash and I've never even heard of it happening.

Hey wanted to come back to this older thread. I have a grey shearwater transmitter and wanted to get another one for my buddy to use on their reg. Has anything changed with these transmitters now and should I avoid getting a grey one or is it very unlikely his will interfere with mine?
Just don't turn them on at the same time....then no interference.

Does anyone know the transmission interval?

Back
Top Bottom