Perdix AI transmitter question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two grey (Oceanic) transmitters at the same time and have never had an issue - at least not once that I noticed or caused me any problems at all.

My Perdix AI happily shows the pressure in both tanks at the same time.

Even if not used at the same time? One transmitter on an entirely different set of regs, not even on the same dive trip. T1 will be turned off when T2 is in use and vise versa.
No. The problem cannot happen under the conditions you describe.

So let's assume that someone has two gray transmitters. How does one go about getting a yellow transmitter in place of a gray one? Are there any trade-ins? I have two transmitters (gray) that have never been used. Just askin….
Cheers -
Most people using two grey transmitters on the same dive will not experience any problems. If you do encounter problems, contact us. We will troubleshoot the issue with you and get your problem solved in a timely fashion one way or another. Of course, this would only apply to transmitters distributed by Shearwater. If you encounter problems on transmitters branded by other companies, you will have to address the issue with them. Hope this clears up things.

If you have a problem with 2 transmitters interfering, just turn off the tank and purge the reg on one of them, so the transmitter will power down, then turn the tank back on. The chances of it powering up and transmitting at exactly the same time as the other transmitter two times in a row is pretty darn slim.

The grey transmitters send their signal every 5 seconds or something like that. The green and yellow ones are on something like 7 and 8 second intervals. So, 2 of the same color COULD power up and end up transmitting at the same time, continuously stepping on each other.

Hey wanted to come back to this older thread. I have a grey shearwater transmitter and wanted to get another one for my buddy to use on their reg. Has anything changed with these transmitters now and should I avoid getting a grey one or is it very unlikely his will interfere with mine?

Hey wanted to come back to this older thread. I have a grey shearwater transmitter and wanted to get another one for my buddy to use on their reg. Has anything changed with these transmitters now and should I avoid getting a grey one or is it very unlikely his will interfere with mine?

Do realize that you would need to be in close proximity in order for your computer to pick up the transmitter. At that point you are close enough to just ask. If you do get a second transmitter get a yellow one as Shearwater recommends using the yellow transmitter as the second one to minimize interference with each other.

See the third post: Gray & Yellow Transmitter

Do realize that you would need to be in close proximity in order for your computer to pick up the transmitter. At that point you are close enough to just ask.
See the third post: Gray & Yellow Transmitter
No, I meant would I get interference from his using a gray one. I don't necessarily want to know his air supply, but sound slike a yellow one may be the way to go

No, I meant would I get interference from his using a gray one. I don't necessarily want to know his air supply, but sound slike a yellow one may be the way to go

You don’t have to worry about it. Your buddy’s transmitter will not be mated with your computer. I use a gray and yellow as I’m using two transmitters for sidemount.

Two weeks ago. Assisted with an intro to tech course in doubles, that afternoon led a dive charter with recreational divers, evening did a sidemount class checkout demo. As you can see all different configurations and switching a transmitter is just another added piece. (Sidemount transmitters were not used, just showing how much a dive profile can change between charters)
But you will still have to change the transmitter IDs in your dive computer(s).

The transmitter numbers are unique, no difference between colors.
Wrong.

The colours transmit at different intervals to minimise interference. That aside, they're identical.

If you use the same colours for two transmitters, they may get "in sync" and interfere with each other. This will be intermittent and can last for some time. Different colours will occasionally clash, but only for one brief moment.

Each transmitter has a "unique" code which you use to differentiate as T1, T2.

If you use the same colours for two transmitters, they may get "in sync" and interfere with each other. This will be intermittent and can last for some time. Different colours will occasionally clash, but only for one brief moment.
If you turn on 2 greys one after the other they won't be clashing they never will, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom