Relief zipper on wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@RayfromTX had one installed in his wetsuit, and was pretty happy with it, see his posts in this thread. Had the work done by Terrapin Wet Suits, which is near San Antonio. I intended to do the same but never got around to it. Whenever travel to warm water is possible, I'll probably send it off to have the work done.

+1 for Chris at Terrapin Wetsuits. She has done a lot of work for me and can highly recommend her. I believe she installs the relief zipper laterally which apparently reduces the strain on the zipper.

id like to do this myself and have the neoprene cement !! can anyone tell me where i might find a wetsuit zipper?? thanks so much!!

Yep, best thing since sliced bread.
Ah, what a relief.

Attachments

• 20210719_092147.jpg
    20210719_092147.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20210719_092335.jpg
    20210719_092335.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 215
Just pee in the sit and wait it out...

I worked in a shop for a few years and you're right, nobody cleans the suit... At least not properly. If shops started charging a cleaning fee, like many say they will do for gear returned unwashed, there might be less of a problem.

People are lazy and should have to pay for their convenience of being lazy. If they cleaned the dots properly this thread would not even exist. There is no need for a p valve in a wetsuit. IMHO...FWIW.

yes i’m sold …. i’m trying to see if i can do this myself by just buying a zipper online … installion of the zipper at a dive store costs more than the wetsuit itself lol …
I am lucky, there is a guy in the "big smoke" down the road that has been making, fixing and adjusting wet suits for over 30 years for pro divers.
Custom Wetsuit Designs Brisbane, and does not charge "an arm and a leg", he has custom tailored my last two wetsuits , both off the rack brand names [made for no shoulders, skinny arm, chicken leg people ] , the 5mm posted cost about $30 Au for the fly, I can't buy a good zip for much less, and what I know about stitching and gluing wetsuits can be written on the back of a postage stamp with a large felt pen, Zip , [pun intended] nothing.

Joining in late here, but we do offer relief zips on new suits, presently for +$30 and shouldn't have a problem adding one to most suits, but call or email us to confirm.
What's your turn around time?

Thanks, Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom