I lost my PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new canister does not fit my PLB, Bugger!! :(
Returned and exchanged for other gear.
I will keep looking.

The new canister does not fit my PLB, Bugger!! :(
Returned and exchanged for other gear.
I will keep looking.
Which canister and which PLB?

Which canister and which PLB?
This one:Nautilus Marine Rescue GPS - Free to use, Diver Rated to 425 ft. | Nautilus LifeLine
custom-divers-dive-canister.jpg

Yeah? It insured my safety for 8 years of driving thru dead zones, hikes, farming, and diving. Then I got careless.

The Customs Diver canister looks like it'd work, but I don't wear a belt. How would I hang it from my BC?
Put a damn boltsnap on it and clip it to a d-ring. Don't be so helpless.

Why the canister? The Nautilus is rated to a depth of 425ft

Redundancy has save my sorry ar$e in the past, over cautious , don't take the PLB on every dives, and they are expensive [in Australia].
20210717_091107.jpg

Put a damn boltsnap on it and clip it to a d-ring. Don't be so helpless.
Yep, I finally noticed the keyring hole. Got it covered.

I did check with my homeowner's insurance as someone suggested. The deductible is larger than the loss.

Ok, I got my trip insurance claims filed, for the one day delay the airline put us thru (Another airline abuse story) and my clumsy loss. We'll see how those got thru. Nice that we can do it electronically now.

I'm still waiting on the canister coming from England and to see if the GPS store ships my PLB this week. Edit: Nope, now back ordered to August 11. I checked with Seeker242 who advised, "The factory is having supply issues with computer chips, etc. so a lot of orders are back ordered."

It could be worse, and is for my daughter's family. They're on a boring cruise boat after spending all day yesterday at sea, arriving in port 2 hours late and unable to do their ruins tour, the only part of their plan that seemed interesting.

Well, that's interesting. Out of yellow, blue is $24, black is $10. Inside diameter: 2.07" x Inside length: 5.04". Sounds too close to 2.03" when you try to allow for the curve.
That won’t fit. You will need 2.52” ID based on Pythagorean theory:
Sq. of ID = Sq. of 2.03” + Sq. of 1.49”
Sq. = square
BTW, it’s ACR ResQLink 2922 not 2992.

Back
Top Bottom