What thickness wetsuit for Coz in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate wetsuits & love the feeling of the cool water against my….nevermind.

I get cold in January. I bring 2 wetsuits, a 3 for the first dive and a 5 for the 2nd. Usually I wear a 3 mil vest and a beanie as well both dives. I also bring a warm boat coat for in between and after diving. Keeps me comfortable!

I get cold in January. I bring 2 wetsuits, a 3 for the first dive and a 5 for the 2nd. Usually I wear a 3 mil vest and a beanie as well both dives. I also bring a warm boat coat for in between and after diving. Keeps me comfortable!
I don't think you pack all that in luggage for every trip, do you?

I don't think you pack all that in luggage for every trip, do you?
I live here now! When I was living in New York, I would bring 3-4 wetsuits along with the rest of my gear each trip. My dive bag was always under 50lbs. My clothes all fit in my carryon. Never packed coffee pots, masking and electrical tape!

I live here now! When I was living in New York, I would bring 3-4 wetsuits along with the rest of my gear each trip. My dive bag was always under 50lbs. My clothes all fit in my carryon. Never packed coffee pots, masking and electrical tape!
I'm impressed. But I've never packed masking tape. :wink:

I'm impressed. But I've never packed masking tape. :wink:

Back in the mid 90’s, when we were finishing out our house on the island, we brought down things like ceiling fans as checked luggage.

Back then, if you wanted something like that you had to go to Merida and then mule it back to PDC to the ferry.

I’d go to Home Depot back home, buy what I needed, then we’d wrap it in packing tape into a reasonable shape and add a handle to the package.

This was back before there was a limit on luggage and I’d find a couple of friends to come down with me.

I think, at least for a while, we had the only Hampton Bay ceiling fans on the island.

Yikes. You guys need more iron in your diet. Jan. Feb trips I dive in a 1mm with a thermal top underlayer for both the ocean and cenotes. Summertime just the 1mm or less.

This might have to do more with my aversion for suitcases than my resilience.

WD-40 and duct tape. Don't leave home without it! :D

Gorilla tape is my go-to. I wrap a 1" strip around a 1/4" cotter pin and use a key ring to attach it to pretty much all my bags so I always have at least 3' on hand without having to carry a roll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom