Wetsuit availability (specifically Bare)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been diving a 7mm Bare Reactive wetsuit for several years, and it's becoming pretty worn and compressed from use. Last year I ordered a new one, and something like almost a year later I'm still waiting for it to come in at my local dive shop. The owner is telling me no zippers and no neoprene is available these days, still covid pandemic related. Looking online, none of the major places seem to have them in stock either. Is it hard or impossible to find 7mm Bare wetsuits these days, or any brand?

And before anyone suggests it, I do dive dry when boat diving. For beach dives, walking across sand with my scooter and getting crushed by waves, along with a long surface swim out, drysuits aren't well suited for a single dive. Hence the need / desire for a new wetsuit.

Rubber products in general are hard to get these days. I work road construction in Bridge bearings have an extremely long lead time on them because they're literally isn't enough raw rubber out there to make them.

I’ve been waiting on Bare gloves, hoods and boots since November. Last word was August… maybe.

Another shop did tell me they had Fourth Element stuff available. Not sure what.

Everything single vendor we sell has had some sort of shortage/availability issues with Neoprene.

BARE/Hollis, Waterproof, Fourth Element all have or are still having issues.

Back
Top Bottom