Deep 6 Eddy vs Scubapro Go Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkdcol

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at buying one of these pairs of fins. I want a fin to travel with (so I can't bring multiple pairs), I am looking something that will perform very well in scuba (especially frog kicks), but will also perform adequately for snorkeling and CASUAL freediving. I am also open to other suggestions (but if you are going to suggest something else, it needs to be available with an open heel and in a size that accomodates thick soled size 12 5mm boots).
TIA

I just got back from a 10 day trip to curaçao, took both Eddy’s and GoSport fins, switched off Day to day, the go sport were much more comfortable and my conclusion is the Eddy’s won’t be going on any more trips. The open toe of the GoSport contributes greatly to the comfort.

That's interesting aa I have the opposite experoence. I see the ScubaPro G fins as a mediocre scuba fin amdnthe Eddy as handles everything but round bottomed steel twinsets.

If the OP decides on the Go fins Id be ecstatic to sell him mine.

I use the SP GS Fins for scuba diving as well causal free diving (spearfishing) I find it very comfortable and can do all of the different fin kicks one needs to do while scuba diving. It is also compact, light and fits well in a bag for travel. I have friends who use it cave diving no issues. I put away all of my other fins (Mares Q and AL) and use the GS fins exclusively now. The Mares Quattros feel like a stiff and uncomfortable wood boards in comparison.

That's interesting aa I have the opposite experoence. I see the ScubaPro G fins as a mediocre scuba fin amdnthe Eddy as handles everything but round bottomed steel twinsets.

If the OP decides on the Go fins Id be ecstatic to sell him mine.

Do you ever freedive with the Eddys, how does that work out for you?

What size/color fin do you have (in the go sports)?

I just got back from a 10 day trip to curaçao, took both Eddy’s and GoSport fins, switched off Day to day, the go sport were much more comfortable and my conclusion is the Eddy’s won’t be going on any more trips. The open toe of the GoSport contributes greatly to the comfort.

Apart from comfort, how did you rate the performance of the 2 fins, both in scuba and any other activities you used them in?

Apart from comfort, how did you rate the performance of the 2 fins, both in scuba and any other activities you used them in?
I have used the GS drysuit diving, I prefer Jets but they have near Jet performance, Eddy’s are slightly better at the frog kick and suck at flutter which I use while free diving.

As a long time user of Slipstreams and Eddys, I have switched to Go Sports based on the combination of comfort and performance.
The Eddys come out ahead for precision, and power during frog kicks.
The Go Sports are good for all around use and the difference in comfort made them a clear winner during my comparison dives.

Having used both, the Scubapro matches my flutter kick frequency better than the eddy’s. The Eddy doesn’t have that helpful snap for me.

I put away all of my other fins (Mares Q and AL) and use the GS fins exclusively now. The Mares Quattros feel like a stiff and uncomfortable wood boards in comparison.
Don't mean to hijack this thread but do you have any experience with the Eddys?
I'm also trying to find my perfect fin and the Eddys, SP GS and Quattros seems to be amongst the top.
Does the GS give you same propulsion as the other ones?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom