Recommend a dive torch that is permanently sealed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP was asking for lights that can be charged without removing the battery. Those lights are cheap (OP didn't specify a budget, and Nanight are in the same price bracket as the Luna lights) and the torch needs to be opened and batteries removed to be charged.
He also asked for other recommendations. Whether the recommendations solely applied to "light that can be charged without removing the battery" is up to interpretation.

Take a look at Nanight lights with the external charge port. They aren't permanently sealed - you can still open and remove the batteries, repair or upgrade. But for normal operation, the lights never need to be opened.

Thanks for the recommendation. These do look good.

He also asked for other recommendations. Whether the recommendations solely applied to "light that can be charged without removing the battery" is up to interpretation.

I am not interested in lights that must be opened to charge the battery.

I have the Sola 1200 S/F. The spot is too wide at 12 deg, and the max lumens is only in the flood mode. Many of their models have similar limitations. The Dive Pro 2000 looks good within your constraints, if you can get past the short battery life. (I would guess 1.5 hr at 1000 lm.) I do like the Light & Motion customer service.

I have a Sola 1200 as a primary and a Gobe 1000 as a secondary and a Gobe 500 as spare in my pocket. All of them are by Light and Motion. Happy with all of them and you can get different light heads for the Gobe lights. I have a UV lens, called Nightsea and a red lens I can swap out of them. Both my Sola and 1000 I have on soft Goodman handles.

If budget is no issue, UWLD has some impressive lights with external charging. But the cost is 10x of the other stuff being discussed here.

If budget is no issue, UWLD has some impressive lights with external charging. But the cost is 10x of the other stuff being discussed here.

+1 for UWLD

UWLD lights have external charging. After a dive you just dry the bottom of the canister off set the light into the charging stand, make sure the pins a lined up and it chargers. No battery removal, cap removal, opening of the light etc.

Also Halcyon has some lights that charger just like this as does Gralmarine.

I have experience all three of these light brands and I am most impressed with UWLD. Also The customer service by Bobby and his team is next level, probably some of the best in the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom