Which Atomic 1st Stage Do I Have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GloryDayz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I know that may seem like a silly question but I really can't tell. I inherited this 1st stage from the shop, it works great, I want to rebuild it, but I really don't see anything that tells me which exact model it is to order the service kit. Does anybody know of a way to cross-reference the SN to what model it is?

Thanks in advance...

You didn't include a picture. At any rate, it doesn't matter what Atomic first stage you have, they all use the same service kit for the first stages (second stages are also the same kit).

Do you have a first stage only without a second stage?

Does the turret swivel ? If is does not it will be a Z, if it does it could be any including a Z with that option added.

While I think I have my answer, Boltsnap makes a great, I failed to add pics...

20210709_082029.jpg
20210709_082021.jpg
20210709_082021.jpg
20210709_082010.jpg
20210709_082004.jpg
20210709_082029.jpg

Yours needs the new piston and Jetseat upgrade. That’s an old one. Looks like a B1.

Any idea where I can order the kit? Hopefully they aren't like Mares where, honestly, it's easier to pick them up while in Honduras that find some place in the US to buy them from... :(

Yours needs the new piston and Jetseat upgrade. That’s an old one. Looks like a B1.
I agree B1.

While it isn't tricky to rebuild them, it's a lot easier and you don't stand as much chance of damaging them if you have about $400 in special tools that make it a cinch to take them apart.

If you don't have the tools, it's pretty easy to tell that the work was done by someone without the tools.

I have a spare set I could sell you, but for $400, it's cheaper to get it serviced by someone who does it all day and has the kits at hand. That jet seat upgrade (if you need it) is not cheap.

I agree B1.

While it isn't tricky to rebuild them, it's a lot easier and you don't stand as much chance of damaging them if you have about $400 in special tools that make it a cinch to take them apart.

If you don't have the tools, it's pretty easy to tell that the work was done by someone without the tools.

I have a spare set I could sell you, but for $400, it's cheaper to get it serviced by someone who does it all day and has the kits at hand. That jet seat upgrade (if you need it) is not cheap.

Well Atomic has never been known to be inexpensive. :callme:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom