Add weight directly to backplate ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used zipties and regular weights in the past.Works OK. Either closer to the spine or on the edges of the plate.

Currently I've sourced a set of 5kg P weights that go in the channel.

YSxLaoEYNinz0hPoohOMWpsTmD271Qwoh--n-xHXVapzoMjwzX0l3wx0Dv8WzN1EmqQ-VQ=w1459-h1094-no?authuser=0.jpg

On my single tank rig, I have a pair of these trim weight pockets mounted.

DGX Gears Small Utility - Trim Weight Pocket

I put the shoulder strap through the BP, from front to back, through the lower belt loop of a trim weight pocket, and then back through the BP, back to front.

In other words, the harness is standard Hogarthian rigging. I just have a weight pocket on each side of the BP, held by the waist belt going through one belt loop of the weight pocket (on the back side of the plate).

I've rarely needed to actually use them. A SS BP is normally enough weight all by itself. But, when used, they have worked just fine.

These weight pockets will only hold up to 1 x 4# weight. I.e. they're relatively small. That also means they don't get very floppy when they do have weight in them. Once in the water, they don't move around at all.

Two people suggested a weighted sta after the OP said he already had a weighted sta.

Good and rugged, they keep the weight in the right spot on me for good trim and the weight can be ditched if needed.
iu.jpeg

Two people suggested a weighted sta after the OP said he already had a weighted sta.

Reading comprehension is not our strong suit on SB.

Back
Top Bottom