Cayman Aggressor: When does it become too much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solmar V is pulling the same shady stuff with their trips. Their contract clearly states they are to get us across the border and back across the border. Our trip was supposed to be in September and they still are telling people they're going but yet every time we ask them how they're getting us back across the border they give us no answers. We ended up rescheduling it for next year This is the second time now we've had to reschedule it and they are adamant they will not give us a penny back.

Solmar V is pulling the same shady stuff with their trips. Their contract clearly states they are to get us across the border and back across the border...

What does this mean, Covid testing for reentry into the US? This is off the Pacific Fleet website:

Covid-19 Testing for Travel to the US

As everyone is now aware, the United States is now requiring all persons entering the US by air to have a negative PCR or Antigen test administered no less than 72 hours prior to arrival in the US. This test has to be certified by a Lab or a medical professional. This documentation MUST be provided to the airline upon check in or the guest will be denied boarding.
This is a tricky situation for you, our guests as we are aware many of you fly out the morning after we arrive back in port. Therefore, we have come up with a solution. We arrive after normal lab hours so we have contracted with a lab that will come to the vessel and administer the required Antigen test. We are doing the Antigen test as we can get the results very quickly unlike the full PCR which does take about 48 hours and since the US will accept the Antigen test, this is the one we will be using. The results will be emailed to each guest in time for your flight.
The cost of each test is 2,160 pesos or approx. $110 USD. We will accept cash or credit card on board.
Of note, is that this applies to all travelers entering the US, either to stay or in transit. Canadians however still require the full PCR test which has a 48 hour turnaround as dictated by the Government of Canada.

For comparison, I think it was late last year I booked a far distant 'bucket list' trip on a 20% off special for Dec. 2021. Between the downpayment and the interim payment I recently made, I think I've committed around $1,700 so far (no travel arrangements made; that would've been done months ago in a normal year). I still owe over 2 grand, and anticipate around 2 grand in travel expenses (e.g.: airfare, hotels). My booking is for a Siren Fleet boat.

Where you goin?

What does this mean, Covid testing for reentry into the US? This is off the Pacific Fleet website:

As everyone is now aware, the United States is now requiring all persons entering the US by air to have a negative PCR or Antigen test administered no less than 72 hours prior to arrival in the US. This test has to be certified by a Lab or a medical professional. This documentation MUST be provided to the airline upon check in or the guest will be denied boarding.
This is a tricky situation for you, our guests as we are aware many of you fly out the morning after we arrive back in port. Therefore, we have come up with a solution. We arrive after normal lab hours so we have contracted with a lab that will come to the vessel and administer the required Antigen test. We are doing the Antigen test as we can get the results very quickly unlike the full PCR which does take about 48 hours and since the US will accept the Antigen test, this is the one we will be using. The results will be emailed to each guest in time for your flight.
The cost of each test is 2,160 pesos or approx. $110 USD. We will accept cash or credit card on board.
Of note, is that this applies to all travelers entering the US, either to stay or in transit. Canadians however still require the full PCR test which has a 48 hour turnaround as dictated by the Government of Canada.

They are making every person have a test when they get back to Mexico before they enter into the United States. Then if you fail the said test they offer you no hotel room or anything until you can get back in the United States.

I was aiming for Raja Ampat on the Indo-Siren for a 10 day trip. Now, I wonder what will happen. The threads on tourist access to Indonesia prospects anytime soon don’t look good.

We originally booked our trip to Guadalupe in 2017 and since all the virus stuff has happened our trip cost have increased over $500 and they're like oh well there's nothing we can do about it sorry about your luck pay us the money or don't go Even though none of it was in the contract. They also added more people to the boat We were only supposed to have 16 now we're up to 20. I know four people don't sound like a whole lot but when you can only dive out of a cage and there's only four cages I believe on the boat time is it a premium.

$110 for an antigen test? Typically <$35 everywhere else. Their biz model is screw the client. Biggly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom