Jet ski scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubateacher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What is the best way to set up a jet ski for scuba diving ? I was given two jet skis , would like to set them up for a dive trip to the keys . Just wondering if other people are diving from jet skis and how they are doing it . How to tying down the dive gear to the ski . Where to dive in the keys . I need to know everything about scuba diving from a jet ski . Thanks for any suggestions .

I've been thinking about this myself. I could reach a few dive sites here.

Hard to say without knowing what skis you have... I personally own a 1991 Waverunner 500 and all that I have room for is my speargun, long blade fins, and my grapnel anchor, any scuba gear would sink me! If you're running a newer ski that is built for more than one person you may be able to get away with strapping gear on the rear platform behind the seats. Otherwise I would look into a rescue sled with some solid handles on it.

How do you reboard the ski?

I was just at a local boat show here in Ohio and while looking at several jet skis outfitted for fishing, I wondered this very same thing. I happen to be a degreed industrial designer in addition to a scuba instructor…. Got my creative juices flowing.

We used to pull a small inflatable behind the jet ski, and put our dive gear in the inflatable. As long as the boat was not too heavy, the jet ski would still get up on plane and allow my wife and I to go to a lot of places for diving..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom