Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you guys still throw gold and silver into random bodies of water? Its like an easter egg hunt all year long. nice.
Not quite , but they do throw a hell of a lot of coins in, supposedly if you do this you will return. It's a real pain when you are detecting...

A "Hammerhead" in Puget Sound Washington. My dive buddy and I can only guess that it once had a wooden handle and the only part of hammer that was left was the head.

A shopping trolley full of "Admit One" tickets, rolls and rolls of them, in thick silt under a wharf, Walsh Bay in Sydney Harbour [before its upgrade] looking for a lost item from a yacht, the job was at night, found a sealed bag, no questions asked, good [cash] money for 2 hours work.
The trolley was not on the find list.
The 'client' said it was his wife's jewellery , yeah, right.

Hi Scott, that crockery jar we are not sure on, it may have been what was called a Mother Ink bottle but it is different then any I have seen before, I am going to see if I can nail it down but it looks to be from the 1800s. That thing John found seams to be made from scrap brass and used as a Tag for something, possibly for keys, we couldn't find any writing on it at all.
ZDD
The crockery jar is a cream jar

So far I've found:

* 120x Sunglasses & Glasses
* 40x boat anchors (left most of them)
* 3x phones
* 2x iwatches
* 1x GoPro Hero 8 Black
* 3x fishing nets
* 1x fishing rod
* 5 diving masks (possibly snorkeling masks, hard to tell)
* lots of fake jewelry
* 1x remote control toy boat

Much of the above is destroyed by zebra-mussels, by the time I find it.

My biggerest and nicest beach towel I found in a quarry last summer. I only picked it up because I was bored & it was orange. I held it over my back while swimming as "Hey look at me, I'm Thor!". Later I realized it was in pretty good condition, washed it instead of ragbagging it and ended up with a clean, fluffy & huge beach towel.

Diving yesterday at Megunticook Lake, I came up with these water pump pliers someone had just recently dropped.
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 5.46.02 PM.png

Diving the Spiegel Grove over the weekend with Rainbow Reef, found a bullet fishing weight and a pocket knife

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom