Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seemed extreme at the time, but happy we were able to postpone our Indo trip to May 2023....

I imagine there are a few different ways to skin that cat. Though maybe if a country is on the verge of opening anyway, putting a new system in place isn't worth messing around with.
Indeed. Unfortunately some of those decisions are entirely politically motivated.
USA has imposed travel restriction on 36 countries but countries like Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal and Pakistan are excluded. Does not make any sense to me personally giving the situation over there.

Phuket opened its door to fully vaccinated person without quarantine requirement, must stay on the island for the first 14 days before allowing to travel to other provinces, from certain approved countries yesterday. I hope the project is successful. But Phuket is a small island with under 500,000 registered inhabitants so it was not that difficult to achieve 70% of inoculation. Bali has 10 times the population and is a long way off to achieve the same figure.

"Herd immunity" theory is being tested in Phuket.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2

GOOD LUCK

Just got info from relatives & friends in Jakarta. The city is under 14 day lockdown. Dead bodies found outside.

Just got info from relatives & friends in Jakarta. The city is under 14 day lockdown. Dead bodies found outside.

Do you know anyone in Seletan?

You mean in Jakarta Selatan? Yes, I got relatives & friends. That’s where I grew up in.

So you are saying that there are bodies in the street there,?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom