Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we get vaccinated, they should let us visit their country. Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Belize are already letting vaccinated tourists to come in their countries without PCR test.

The ridiculous thing is the USA still want people to be PCR / antigen test before entering the country even though you have been vaccinated.

If we get vaccinated, they should let us visit their country. Ecuador, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Belize are already letting vaccinated tourists to come in their countries without PCR test.

The ridiculous thing is the USA still want people to be PCR / antigen test before entering the country even though you have been vaccinated or not.

How will the USA know that its own citizens are vaccinated? Vaccine IDs are illegal in some states.

How will the USA know that its own citizens are vaccinated? Vaccine IDs are illegal in some states.
I bring my CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card with my passport whenever I travel overseas now. I even took pictures of them and stored them in my iPhone just in case I lose them while traveling.

I’ll be in Colombia next week to dive in Malpelo. No more PCR test is required to enter Colombia. I would still need to get antigen / PCR test within 3 days before returning home. Ridiculous!

Which states make CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card illegal? Never heard of such thing is happening.

Here’s a blank example of CDC COVID-19 Vaccinated Record card.

9F23CE7C-4142-4E33-A0E7-0A04F730806D.jpeg

I bring my CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record card with my passport whenever I travel overseas now. I even took pictures of them and stored them in my iPhone just in case I lose them while traveling.

I’ll be in Colombia next week to dive in Malpelo. No more PCR test is required to enter Colombia. I would still need to get antigen / PCR test within 3 days before returning home.

Which states make COVID-19 Vaccination Record card illegal? Never heard of such thing is happening.

Dan, I’m not talking about the CDC Mickey Mouse Club card that can be duplicated by a 5 year old with an etch-a-sketch. With the exception of NYS and its Excelsior Pass, no state or Federal Authority has issued a Digitally Verifiable Vaccine Passport. Florida & Texas have legally mandated against this anyway. Even the Feds have been against issuance of same. There are some private initiatives by the airlines but there is no acceptance of these by any countries not desperate for US tourist dollars.

Remember: My response is to your comment about why the USA still requires a test for everyone entering the USA.

Without a proper digitally verifiable form of ID (or an antibody test, here we go again!), I can’t see how they can establish whether or not anyone who has received a vaccine in this country is for real or not.

Though I watched the Mickey Mouse Club, never had a card. Some countries are now allowing us to use the “Mickey Mouse Card” to enter without testing or quarantine. Headed to the Galapagos in January and they are adopting that policy starting July1. Dan seems to be wondering why US citizens re-entering the US have to be tested if they are fully vaccinated. I have the same question but will do what I’m told so I can come home.
Rob

Though I watched the Mickey Mouse Club, never had a card. Some countries are now allowing us to use the “Mickey Mouse Card” to enter without testing or quarantine. Headed to the Galapagos in January and they are adopting that policy starting July1. Dan seems to be wondering why US citizens re-entering the US have to be tested if they are fully vaccinated. I have the same question but will do what I’m told so I can come home.
Rob

Rob - I’m not being facetious in any way but did you read my response to Dan? Not sure why you’re talking about “other countries”? I’m only responding to Dan’s (and my) frustration that vaccinated US travelers have to get tested prior to re-entry from international travel.

I’ve been PCR/antigen tested about 10 times now. No false positive, yet (fingers crossed, knock on wood).

Looking back to March when Delta variant was exploding in India, there was one Indian diver from Mumbai (Bombay) got PCR positive test and denied entry to Maldives. So, I am glad that happened, otherwise I can guarantee that many of us on the boat would get the virus from him.

9225A9F0-8D32-45F8-BE9F-5286800885F5.jpeg

Rob - I’m not being facetious in any way but did you read my response to Dan? Not sure why you’re talking about “other countries”? I’m only responding to Dan’s (and my) frustration that vaccinated US travelers have to get tested prior to re-entry from international travel.

Correct, sir. Sorry, I did misinterpret a bit. Thought you were making light of the usefulness of the card. We all agree that it would be nice for vaccinated US citizens to be allowed back home without testing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom