Oceanic VT3 linking issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
818549A7-F30A-47F4-986D-7F16A0DCB114.jpeg
FE1AD2FC-0652-436C-9272-9F58476002F6.jpeg
I just got an oceanic vt3 on eBay. I can’t figure out how to link the transmitter to the watch. I tried new batteries and put the same serial number in the watch. After holding the side button for 3 seconds it does not sync.

I also am having issues with the backlight. When I press it, only one light comes on but it is very dim to the point where I cannot see it in the dark. I have only used this in a dark room and not had it in the water yet.

any ideas how to sync it to read the psi and does the backlight bet better in water?

I have an 11 year old VT3 with 1595 dives and 1669 hours on it. It has never not connected to a transmitter. The backlights have not worked for years. Unfortunately, the VT3 is no longer serviced by Oceanic/Huish

I got the transmitter with it, I’m just curious if there is some kind of trick to turn it on and get the two things in sync. Is there usually only one light on the watch? Or do you think something is burnt out in it? This watch only has 17 dives and nine hours on it.

Have you tested the transmitter on another computer? Did you replace the battery in the transmitter?

The transmitter must be pressurized to send data.

I was foolishly assuming this to be the case.

You have the correct serial number in. So that part is done. As @scubadada mentioned, when you pressurize the transmitter, the computer should read the signal if the transmitter battery is good.

Have you tested the transmitter on another computer? Did you replace the battery in the transmitter?
I have tried two batteries but I can’t seem to find out if there is any indication of it being on. I have a Suunto dive computer but I don’t think the transmitters are compatable

The backlight on the VT3 is pretty dim when it is working correctly. They also tend to fail and produce no light at all even though the computer still functions and is usable.

The transmitter remains off until it is pressurized on a tank. I'm not sure what the required minimum pressure is to get it to turn on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom