Used JJ CCR prices in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Tossing around selling my JJ but am having a tough time deciding on a price.
Everything I'm seeing FS is overseas, not much in North America.
Avg price seems to be around 6566 euro which if I'm doing the conversion right is about $7800 US or $9600 Can.
Thoughts/input?
Thanks
Gary H

Hi Gary,

Price depends on age, condition, and what's included. New base unit goes for $8,995 USD without bottles or a dil reg. From most of what I've seen the more recent used dive can version have been asking for somewhere between $7k-$8k USD. Not sure the final price. I've seen some go for less that were older and getting due for factory service. Again, a lot depends on what is included.

Age, condition, items included (tanks, BOV, Nerd, etc) and Analog vs Dive Can play the biggest role. Prices are typically between 6,000 - 7,200 USD for Dive Can and 4,800 - 6,000 for Analog units. The unit that was apparently sold for 6,500 euro was an outlier. You also need to remember that Europe has extremely high VAT taxes that makes paying slightly elevated prices for used items acceptable.

Interesting, bought it new in Jan 2018, did my training and then haven't used it since so pretty much new condition.
Have spare parts as well as 4 x's 3ltrs that would go with it
How can I tell if its analog or dive can doesn't say anything on the tag?

Interesting, bought it new in Jan 2018, did my training and then haven't used it since so pretty much new condition.

It is DiveCan. If forget exact date, but Analog was the original JJ design and is only units 2013 or older. Anything 2015 (and probably 2014) will be DiveCan.

For that age and minimal use, if your unit has dual MAVs, you might just get that one-off European price. If it only has the O2 MAV, then you might not get that. Not because the unit's condition doesn't warrant the price, but because that is the standard U.S. setup now, and a buyer will think it's somehow "less" without it.

No, I don't really want to discuss whether you really need a Dil MAV in this thread. :)

As stated, If new in 2018 it is definately a dive can edition. The non-dive can units use a different HUD that is solid black with the button on the JJ head. With low hours and spares, esp the bottles, you should be able to get a better price

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom