Renting Gear - Best Dive Op that has good gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksalay

Registered
Reaction score
We live in Northern California so despite my love for diving, it is always a longer trip.
We need to rent BC/Reg ...

Not sure if anyone else has rented gear .. which Dive Op has the best rental gear.

Thanks in advance.

I don't rent gear and the only time I used rental gear was long ago by an op no longer around. All I have to add is that some ops will include gear in their rates, like DWM.

Something else came to mind. Last several years we've dived at Roberta's Scuba Shack and in the mornings they would have up to half dozen BCs and regs lined up on the dock for the people renting. I didn't pay close attention but recall they seemed to look relatively new and all the same brand/model not a hodge podge collection. You should send an email to them or any other op you are considering and ask them about their rental gear, what brand/model, if they are serviced often, etc.

If you call around to the dive ops where you're going you can ask them what they carry and then go from there or look at dive OP reviews. This might be a difficult questions to answer if we don't know the brand of gear the OP has and whether the correct maintenance intervals are performed.

If you call around to the dive ops where you're going you can ask them what they carry and then go from there or look at dive OP reviews. This might be a difficult questions to answer if we don't know the brand of gear the OP has and whether the correct maintenance intervals are performed.

Thank you ... Great idea.

We live in Northern California so despite my love for diving, it is always a longer trip.
We need to rent BC/Reg ...

Not sure if anyone else has rented gear .. which Dive Op has the best rental gear.

Thanks in advance.
Kind of a tall order. To know which is the best dive op in Cozumel, one would have had to dived with all of them. And to state which has the best rental gear, would have had to rented gear from all these ops that one dived with. If you check Jonhall's spreadsheet of most commonly mentioned dive ops, there is probably a box for which ones have rental gear. That should help narrow things down for you somewhat.

Scubatony claims to have nearly new/new rental equipment. You can also apply your rental fee toward purchase. Aqualung.

Back
Top Bottom