Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone that has been following this tread summarize the options with pricing for getting tested before the return to the U.S.? I really don't want to read 60 pages to get the information, lol. I am staying at Casa Mexicana and diving with 3P's, if that helps. So, I know that the hospital around the corner is one option, although I dont know if it is the best price.

Can someone that has been following this tread summarize the options with pricing for getting tested before the return to the U.S.? I really don't want to read 60 pages to get the information, lol. I am staying at Casa Mexicana and diving with 3P's, if that helps. So, I know that the hospital around the corner is one option, although I dont know if it is the best price.
Our hotel (Blue Angel) arranged for a mobile testing service to come to the lobby and test us. It cost US$34 and they emailed the results to the hotel the next morning. The hotel printed the results for us and we took the paper to the airport. Tested Thursday, results Friday, flew out Saturday. No hitches.

A mo

One month ago we also stayed at Casa Mex and dove 3P. I walked all over the place one morning tracking down all the "bargain" Farmacias that folks on ScubaBoard were touting prior to my visit. All kept pointing me to someone else -- until, SURPRISE", I was right back where I started after visiting at least 4.

Turns out the best place was the Hospital right there on 5th that you walk past every day on your way to the dive shop -- across from Aldora on 5th. At the time, we paid $32/pp for the test -- which was lower than the advertised rate since we were staying at Casa Mex. Be sure to mention that when you go in for your appointment. Easy, quick and professionally done. One day turnaround.

A mo

One month ago we also stayed at Casa Mex and dove 3P. I walked all over the place one morning tracking down all the "bargain" Farmacias that folks on ScubaBoard were touting prior to my visit. All kept pointing me to someone else -- until, SURPRISE", I was right back where I started after visiting at least 4.

Turns out the best place was the Hospital right there on 5th that you walk past every day on your way to the dive shop -- across from Aldora on 5th. At the time, we paid $32/pp for the test -- which was lower than the advertised rate since we were staying at Casa Mex. Be sure to mention that when you go in for your appointment. Easy, quick and professionally done. One day turnaround.

I believe the International Hospital across from Aldora on Calle 5 has come down in price and may no longer offer the discount for Casa Mexicana.

I posted a photo above of a sign they have inside that shows $19 for covid tests. Photo was taken last Monday 6/14.

Charges to my CC for three tests after currency conversion came out to $83.05. I assume the difference is taxes. (I asked for the Casa Mexicana discount.)

Note - I first checked several of the Farmacias del Ahorro locations due to mention of them charging ~17 USD. Only found one location that did testing. [Corner of Benito Juarez & Joaquin Coldwell] You had book online with no appointments after ~1:30pm for the days I checked. Given the language barrier and flakey website, I opted for the International Hospital expecting pay a little more than current pricing.

I believe the International Hospital across from Aldora on Calle 5 has come down in price and may no longer offer the discount for Casa Mexicana.

I posted a photo above of a sign they have inside that shows $19 for covid tests. Photo was taken last Monday 6/14.

Charges to my CC for three tests after currency conversion came out to $83.05. I assume the difference is taxes. (I asked for the Casa Mexicana discount.)

Prices seem to be plummeting in the past month. I wonder if they have some inside info that end of the test requirement is imminent and they are trying to unload inventory. The day CDC lifts the requirement, test sites will be desolate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom