Scuba on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you never asked yourself why all the divers never use this kind of paintball compressor?
It could be:
1) They didn't know they were available that cheap.
2) They have easy access to a commercial filler.
3) They think they will wear out quickly.

For me:
1) I did.
2) I don't.
3) So what, it was cheap.

4) It doesn't provide breathing quality compressed air.
It provides the air that it took in its intake, which I breathe every day in my garage. If you can tell me what chemical, which is apparently odourless, it's somehow adding to that air, considering it's electric, and not a diesel engine, I will attempt to take you seriously.

You need better filtration on a breathing air compressor than just a oil/water separator.
Most dive stores have the compressor inside and I doubt you will ever find 1 with just an oil/water separator. But if you are the only one using it you can roll the dice and hopefully not have any problems. I would at least have the air tested.

Ignorance is bliss. If you don't care enough to investigate and understand the need for clean air whilst diving, there is obviously nothing we can say to change your mind. Everything will be just fine, until it isn't.

Good luck.

Ignorance is bliss. If you don't care enough to investigate and understand the need for clean air whilst diving, there is obviously nothing we can say to change your mind. Everything will be just fine, until it isn't.

Good luck.
So you're concerned about a thing when you don't even know what it is. How can you worry when you can't even name this contaminant? The air is clean, it came from my garage, it's outside air. If motors gave off horrid fumes, so many folk would die in workshops etc.

@Naked diver 2

You should consider snorkelling/freediving for this type of location. Much less screwing around with equipment and more peaceful while you are doing it.

Plus the whole greatly reducing your chance of dying in the water thing.

@Naked diver 2

You should consider snorkelling/freediving for this type of location. Much less screwing around with equipment and more peaceful while you are doing it.

Plus the whole greatly reducing your chance of dying in the water thing.
No, because I like going underwater for over an hour without having to surface. I was only testing it in the shallow bit, there are deeper areas to go to. This isn't rocket science, there's more chance of dying on the drive there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom